Slippery clamps

Very often one faces problem that clamps do not hold the planks during glue drying. Especially at the bow of a model. I have tried to glue coarse sandpaper on the jaws of clamps, but glue doesnt work with soft plastic jaws.
Yesterday I pushed some sewing needles through the jaws and cut rest of the needles away and voila, this helped.

20230123_110431.jpg20230123_105823.jpg

These remind me of crampons used by mountaineers ! A brilliant idea, well thought out.

did you try to fix sandpaper with double sided adhesive tape?

Very often one faces problem that clamps do not hold the planks during glue drying. Especially at the bow of a model. I have tried to glue coarse sandpaper on the jaws of clamps, but glue doesnt work with soft plastic jaws.
Yesterday I pushed some sewing needles through the jaws and cut rest of the needles away and voila, this helped.

View attachment 353189View attachment 353188
What a great idea! I stick a pin through the pieces to be glued to anchor the whole mess until it dries. I'll try your idea next.

that's using the old noggin. how many times have I had clamps slip away on me. will steal it from you ok !! ... do not patent. ;)

Brilliantly simple and clever. A suggestion - angle the pins and it'll 'pull' the clamp further in and create more pressure on the joint.

View attachment 353189View attachment 353188
Hallo @Moxis
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back