Server Platform Migration Downtime

Donnie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Moderator

DECEMBER 12th, 2023 7am-PST, 9:00am-CST, 10am-EST.
Other typical world times: 3pm-GMT, 5pm-CET, 7pm-MSK, 11pm-HKT, 3am Wed.-AEDT

Dear Freinds of Ships of Scale. We will be in the process of having to migrate from one server platform to another platform.

It is VERY important for you to know that the SITE WILL be down for a duration of perhaps 4 to 6 hours and that depends on many factors.

I am currently working on a schedule ( a date ) to start this so that you all will be prepared.

To maintain your ongoing post and build logs, I HIGHLY suggest that on the date that I announce to REFRAIN from using the forum because any NEW POST will not be saved when we Migrate to another platform.

I will send out another notification as soon as I schedule a date for this. I will also establish an "announcement post" so if any of you have any questions, you may ask them there. There will also be a Banner at top of forum making this announcement. If you no longer want to see the Banner Announcement, there is an "x" at top right corner that you can disable the Banner.

Donald B. Driskell
Admin

Last edited:
For now, it seems that DECEMBER 12 is being set up for the change. It would be best to make a note that this could take most of a DAY to accomplish. Also as I said, I HIGHLY suggest NOT to make any POST on DECEMBER 12 as if you do, then those posts you make on that day will not be saved.

For now, it seems that DECEMBER 12 is being set up for the change. It would be best to make a note that this could take most of a DAY to accomplish. Also as I said, I HIGHLY suggest NOT to make any POST on DECEMBER 12 as if you do, then those posts you make on that day will not be saved.
Hi Donnie.

Thanks for the information. We'll be careful on the migration date.

But we have group members from all countries in the world and we use different time zones. For example there are 11 hours difference between Santos/Brasil and Shanghai/China's local times. I presume this situation may cause problems for some of our group members during the server migration process.
As a suggestion, it will be better to announce the date, time and the internatonal time zone together for server migration process will begin.
Best regards
Bilal

Hello Donnie,

Thank you for letting us know about the migration. I'll be sure to take your advice and refrain from using the forum until we're back up. Again, thank you for telling us!

Best regards,
Ashtyn

So December 12th is POST WILD SHIT DAY! Go wild and say whatever you want, because it will all disappear anyway. Start a thread war. Insult your friends (more than you already do). Talk about your sex life and hear people cringe. Post 1,000 cat pictures. It won't matter. :D
...you are so optimistic, my friend ;) The site will not be reachable.... The only thread you can start if you call me :D:D:D:p:p:p:p

Hi Donnie.

But we have group members from all countries in the world and we use different time zones. For example there are 11 hours difference between Santos/Brasil and Shanghai/China's local times. I presume this situation may cause problems for some of our group members during the server migration process.
As a suggestion, it will be better to announce the date, time and the internatonal time zone together for server migration process will begin.
Best regards
Bilal

Hi Donnie.

Best regards
Bilal
:

3 PM GMT

Back