Self-made drum sander for fine sanding of wood to thin thicknesses

Dear Friends
I would like to share with you a project that ended today and I worked on it with a good friend of mine who is an expert in machines:
a self-made drum sander for fine sanding of wood to thin thicknesses. The need for such a sander has risen in the last year due to Proxxon's thicknesser DH 40, which isn't suitable for fine sanding of wood with small thicknesses of 2-0.5 mm (leaves marks on the wood).
In the last year, some of you shared here the self-production of sanders and I also saw a sander that our friend stuglo made in his home.

These sanders inspired the sander we produced.
In fact, I took a lathe that I bought about two years ago and which did not meet my expectations and based on it we built the sanding machine. We left the motor, added a standard sanding drum that is sold on many websites.
we made the inclined/angled base, on which the wooden board rests and which moves on a pivot base back and forth. The dimensions of the machine are 46 cm long, 8 cm wide and 16 cm mandatory.
Today I did my first significant job with the sander past the Alert model, and I am satisfied with the results.
I will attach photos and a video for you.
IMG-20221113-WA0009.jpegIMG-20221113-WA0011.jpegIMG-20221113-WA0013.jpeg20221113_204026.jpg20221113_204029.jpg20221113_204051.jpg

View attachment 20221113_204451.mp420221113_215049.jpg20221113_215327.jpg

Nice machine you build.
Question, looks like the drum turns with the wood.
It should turn against the wood for a smoother result. That means, when you put the wood in the drum it wants to push the wood back and the dust goes up in the air.
thanks my dear friend :)
You are right, dear friend, I did this because I was holding the smartphone in one hand and the Wooden board in the other, which is the most uncomfortable. :D:cool:
But basically it should be done in the opposite direction

I like it a lot, Shota. Maybe you can provide the parts and where we can acquire those? It doesn't look to be difficult, and if we have the skills to build models, we might be able to build such a machine... ;)

Shota, a couple of questions 1) what is the least thickness you can manage? and 2) how consistent is the tickness?

Thanks for posting this machine - very clever and very impressive results.

Related - I was wondering about the groups ideas about dust collection for this and machines in general.

Shota, a couple of questions 1) what is the least thickness you can manage? and 2) how consistent is the tickness?
the least thickness that I have experienced so far has reached a thickness of 0.5 millimeters for the entire length and width of the board. Maintaining the thickness is possible because of the design of the rod on which the sander moves, including the support at the other end in front of the engine. We made sure to have a stable and level rod despite the varying rotation speeds. I make sure that the associated board moves in a straight line and uniformly.
I Hope that you get a satisfactory answer to your questions

In light of the members' questions and comments, I would like to add a few details that will help you.
In fact, we dismantled the lathe and redesigned the structure: first the back to the engine support in order to allow the surface on which the wood moves to move in different thicknesses. On the other side, we built a support for the rod on which the sanding roller rotates, thus ensuring that the same thickness is maintained. Our name is Masev behind the support ooze. The surface on which the wood moves moves on the basis of a screw that connects all parts of the work surface and the anchor to the base of the machine. Good night, hope the details help

The table Shota have is more stable when using wood.
It's like this build.

Back