Searching for the Santa Cecilia 5th rate Frigate

Hi all,

In newbye about ship modeling, so maybe this can be my first (long term) adventure with it.

Until now i did other type of modeling (above all in 1:87 scale), but i have always appreciated the ship of 1800 eras - first of all the 5th rate Frigate - and i fall in love with a ship in particular.

I saw It the First Time in a game for PC named "Naval Action" ad this frigate Is called "Santa Cecilia":

I discovered that the Santa Cecilia was really existed as HMS Hermione, a 32 gun frigate that After an ammutiny, passed under the control of the Spaniard under the named of "Santa Cecilia":

Unfortunaly, I just can't find any model of this ship, above all I can't find a monograph to be able to reproduce a scale model of this ship ... Nothing.

The only monograph that i can find Is about the French 5th rate Hermione, but Is a really different frigate.

French Hermione if of year 1779, english HMS Hermione Is of year 1782.

Can someone help me?

Thanks!

One interesting painting of the sistership HMS Blanche

bhc0478.jpg

Action between HMS 'Blanche' and the 'Pique', 5 January 1795​

This painting, by English artist John Thomas Baines (1820–75), refers to an incident between the British frigate ‘Blanche’ and the French vessel ‘Pique’ off Guadeloupe in the early hours of 5 January 1795. In the course of the violent and extended action the English captain, Robert Faulknor, was killed, but the dismasted ‘Pique’ finally had to surrender. The ‘Pique’ is shown in a port-broadside view on the right, totally dismasted, her bowsprit lashed to the ‘Blanche’s’ stern, shown port-quarter view on the left. The ‘Blanche’ is firing through her stern windows, raking the ‘Pique’, which still wears her ensign on the staff. The ‘Blanche’ has only her foremast standing and is towing the ‘Pique’ before the wind.

By focusing on the two ships in the middle ground, but reducing the depiction of human activity aboard the vessels, and by merging the calmly rippled sea and the cloudy sky in a grey tonality as a backdrop, the artist manages to portray the devastation of the scene effectively. He has, however, erroneously shown 'Blanche' flying post-1801 Union colours: the Union at the main and the red ensign should not have the red St Patrick saltire (diagonal) cross of Ireland - which was only added in that year. The painting is signed and dated lower right but this is very hard to read: it has been recorded as 'JOHN T. BAINES / LYNN FEB` SL 1830' but Baines would only have been ten in that year so it may be 1850.

THANK YOU!!!!

Finally some of more concrete Paint and design for this ship with i can start, in future, my project ti re-create It in a scale model.

Please, if you discover more says me!

Santa Cecilia, every day in more closer ti you = D

Back