Scratch built 1/96 Glory of the Seas Clipper

Absolutely Beautiful - Now that is the way it is done! The Furled Sails are done right and are perfect !!! Lovely model.
Thanks Donnie....my goal was as accurate and true to form as was possible in my scale.

This is the image I used to build my *time period*. Glory had many modifications done to her over her life span. This is at the height of her career. Taken in SanFran. I mimicked it the best I could.

1668019149771.png
1668019197491.png

Congratulations also from my side - a wonderful model
Many Thanks for showing us your work on the model in your building log
I hope to see much more of your work :cool:
Thanks Uwek. I appreciate that. I'm planning the next build and it will be the the Western Shore....the only clipper ever to be built on the West Coast of the US....and who had very fast passages and even broke many records set by her East Coast contemporaries.

Rob

Hello Rob,

Your accomplishment from research through to completion is truly amazing. It was a great adventure to follow along with your thread.

Bill
Thanks Bill....I appreciate your compliments. Currently, I am attempting to get her a museum contract.

Rob

Congratulations with this beautiful model, Rob. With a impressive rigging!
Regards, Peter
Thanks Peter. Her rigging is as complete as my scale can provide. So much so, that I nearly ran out of belaying points for all the lines. If I had not used the scale line that I did....it would have been impossible.

Again...thanks for the compliments.

Rob

Congratulations on a very beautiful model, good luck with your next project, it's exciting to follow your work here at SOS, greetings Knut-

I am speechless, I can only agree with the others, they said it all! The deck is teak? What was it like working with her? They told me that teak can be problematic, and I have some, so I never decide to work with her.

regards

Thank you everyone for the fine comments. She was definitely a work of love.
To answer your question Barba...the Decks are simulated teak. Teak is far too grainy for this scale. It behaves much like Mahogany.

Again...thank you everyone. I have nothin in the dockyard as of yet...but I am trying to do my study for the clipper Western Shore....the only clipper built on the West coast of the US.

Rob

Back