Schooner Benjamin Latham from Aliexpress

No - it is the first time, that this kit a shown here in the forum.
scale 1:87 seems to be the same like the standard modeling railway scale - so it could be used also for a railway model diorama
It was very cheap, so I hope the quality of wood etc. is good enough to have fun in building it

The kit is shipped..
I will keep you informed.
As for the scale: my first chinese Halcon was scale 1:100.
Got another kit, said New Port 1830, which should be at 1:70 but appeared to be 20% smaller!
So I will be surprised...

View attachment 392503
How/what are the building materials like?
My experience with the cheaper Ali Express models is that the materials are extremely poor, with equally poor instructions. Halfway through the build the dissapointing materials take their toll and the finish looks doubtful.
But that's just my opinion, on the cheaper kits.
Good quality stuff is also available and is fin to work with.

One can't expect too much of a €6-kit...
But I'm on my way in making a Halcon-kit and sofar I'm not disappointed.
Poor instructions: true! Incomplete also! But with the help of forums like SOS I found my way to get a decent result.
Basically the material is not that bad, it's light but the lasercutting was fine, sharp and easy to remove from the "sprue".

As soon as the kit is in the house I will report about it.

Hello Ponytail,

Did you receive your kit ?
I did begin this kit a year ago and struggled a little bit with the planking so I let it aside for a moment.

Hello Ulysse,
I have received the kit, but no time to start building. Too many other hobbies... ;-)
But when the times come it willbe shared here.

Thank you for your responses,
Here are some pictures of the planking on mine.
20231220_172906.jpg20231220_173115.jpg
As i said, I struggled a lot with the planking and the result is not perfect but it's the second boat I make and I'm sure the result will be correct after sanding.
I also received darker plank. I assume it's for double planking but not sure I will have enough...17030922577197214240506131902740.jpg
I'm also not sure which diameter use for the bowsprit and the bulwark height.

Back