Ropes of Scale

Just got an order in from Ben of Ropes of Scale.
I received various sized cables.
Top of the line, excellent!!
Thank you for your high praise!

Lucky you!! You will not be disappointed, they are one of the high-quality ropes here in the USA!
They are made in Canada! by me of course.

Shipping to the USA has been reliable and affordable. The US is my largest customer base. Thank you guys!

Thank you for your high praise!

They are made in Canada! by me of course.

Shipping to the USA has been reliable and affordable. The US is my largest customer base. Thank you guys!
yes, I mean to say the source of super-quality rigging for us in the US. ;)

It is good to have the various manufactures and vendors of kits and aftermarket supplies on this forum.

It allows you to "toot your own horn" when justified, and to listen to issues from the customers.

I have seen many complaints handled in a few emails about missing parts or replacement items from the top notch sources listed here.

Keep up the great customer service and support.

I received an order from Ben @BenD mid-October and I’m more than pleased with the rope he makes and supplies. It’s excellent quality, tight and consistent, good colour, looks great and it’s a good price.

I used some synthetic thread on my first model ship thinking it would be better than the Billing Boats supplied stuff. I am not sure which brand I bought (possibly Amati?) but I found that it went slack after a while which was very annannoying. I used the standard Billings hemp rope on my next ship which is not the best (very fuzzy!) but all the rigging has stayed taught and is very stable with changes in the weather. I have been considering buying a set of ropes from R-o-S to rig my Cutty Sark but, before buying, can anyone comment on their experience with them? I would like to know if they are stable and don't stretch (or shrink) with time and changes of temperature etc. Thanks for any comments.

I used some synthetic thread on my first model ship thinking it would be better than the Billing Boats supplied stuff. I am not sure which brand I bought (possibly Amati?) but I found that it went slack after a while which was very annannoying. I used the standard Billings hemp rope on my next ship which is not the best (very fuzzy!) but all the rigging has stayed taught and is very stable with changes in the weather. I have been considering buying a set of ropes from R-o-S to rig my Cutty Sark but, before buying, can anyone comment on their experience with them? I would like to know if they are stable and don't stretch (or shrink) with time and changes of temperature etc. Thanks for any comments.
If you are worried about lines going slack I would stay away from my cotton rope. It will shrink and sag with the seasons. Living somewhere like a desert or in the tropics would be fine as the temperature and humidity are stable year-round. The polyester I use has been stable, and I have heard of no issues from customers about sagging.

Back