RMS Queen Mary - Scale 1/570

Here is my RMS Queen Mary. The old kit by Revell . Original issue 1962, mine is a re-issue from 1982.
I left all the molded railings in hoping it would still be an attractive model without photo etched railings.

20240404_144610.jpg

20240404_144626.jpg

20240404_144653.jpg

Here is my RMS Queen Mary. The old kit by Revell . Original issue 1962, mine is a re-issue from 1982.
I left all the molded railings in hoping it would still be an attractive model without photo etched railings.

View attachment 439820

View attachment 439821

View attachment 439822
Beautiful job on the Queen. I built that kit back in the 70's and have recently been looking high and low for it but to no avail.
Would be great if Revell could re-issue the kit, especially in light of all the restoration work taking place on the ship now.

Beautiful job on the Queen. I built that kit back in the 70's and have recently been looking high and low for it but to no avail.
Would be great if Revell could re-issue the kit, especially in light of all the restoration work taking place on the ship now.
Thank you ! I found this kit last year on line for less than 20 euros. Like many of the old Revell kits it has its flaws. Still I was happy how it turned out.

Bravo. sir! Wonderful work, particularly given that the vignette is an OOB build of an ancient "box scale" model. She does indeed look just splendid without PE substitute fiddly bits. I built her OOB, full-hulled and mounted on the kit plastic stand, back when she was first issued. (I was all of ten at the time and no, my build didn't look anywhere near this grand!) As the song goes, Thanks for the memories.

Thank you Kilo66 for your nice comments !
My Queen Mary is a full hull model that I placed in a hard wood base. I used my router to cut out the shape of the hull so she could lie deeper in the water.

20240321_154800.jpg

20240321_161924.jpg

Here's a 1/570 kit on eBay for $75 or less

Of all the Revell "box scale" ocean liners, the most elegant representation of a majestic Golden Age passenger liner was their 1/600 SS United States. It's a damn national shame on America that in real life this once-beautiful lady of the seas is being allowed to rot away, not being lavished with the same degree of TLC restoration as the Queen.
zzzzzz.jpg

Back