Revell 1/600 scale ss United States

Here is my Revell 1/600 scale ss United States.
I removed all the molded plastic railings and ladders and replaced them with p.e. parts.
I painted the decks with aviation interior green. The decals supplied for the sport decks have a darker green though so they don't really match with my choice of green.
The rigging was done with "EZ-Line".
The white line along the boot line was painted so no white self adhesive tape was used here.
The base is made from an old indonesian hard wood bed.
I made the sea using acrylic gel, painted with acrylics.
The ship received a coat of matt varnish, the sea a coat of "Future" polish.

20230903_163312.jpg

20230903_163339.jpg

20230903_163321.jpg

I removed all the molded plastic railings and ladders and replaced them with p.e. parts.
I painted the decks with aviation interior green. The decals supplied for the sport decks have a darker green though so they don't really match with my choice of green.
The white line along the boot line was painted so no white self adhesive tape was used here.

View attachment 392687

View attachment 392688

View attachment 392689
Nice United States project. I see you have a resin DE under construction. Could that be the John C. Butler by Black Cat?

Nice United States project. I see you have a resin DE under construction. Could that be the John C. Butler by Black Cat?
It is a DE of the Dealey class, the resin kit is by Iron Shipwright.

Very nice model. Shows the beautiful lines of that once famous ship. Love the display board, looks very real. Do you have a clear top to go with it? Keeps the dust off. Nice work Navy51. By the way did you make the display board? Nice work if you did.

Very nice model. Shows the beautiful lines of that once famous ship. Love the display board, looks very real. Do you have a clear top to go with it? Keeps the dust off. Nice work Navy51. By the way did you make the display board? Nice work if you did.
Thank you for the compliments. I keep all my models in a display cabinet that keeps the dust out. I made that wooden base from an old bed and worked on it with my router.

Excellently built illustration of a legendary liner. I really like the classic presentation.
Particularly noteworthy is the choice of a civil ship among all the otherwise dominant, warlike models.

I have built many naval vessels but I like classic liners and merchant vessels also.
I just wish there were manufacturers that would make famous liners like the Nieuw Amsterdam, Lurline, Bremen, and so many more, not just the Titanics.

View attachment 392687

View attachment 392688

View attachment 392689
Hallo @Navy51
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back