Resawing

As mentioned by others, consider milling it down a bit before resawing. I'd rip it lengthwise in half. Question: does your bandsaw have the riser block installed? Next - the blade. Use carbide tipped bandsaw blade for resawing if you can. It'll be easier to resaw with. This saw has the riser block installed and a resaw blade installed also.
Thank you

i work at the lumberyard for model shipwrights and resaw all day long

a table saw will take out twice the wood than a bandsaw. so i would use the bandsaw before i would use the table saw.

what i would do with the plank is first cut it in half the half again and get 4 pieces 6 x 24 x 2 1/4 i do this because of the size and weight of the full plank and to cut out any slight cupping or warp of the plank.

if the 2 1/4 is good then just start resawing off sheets 2 1/4 x 24 x 1/32 over the finished thickness.

for the blade i use a 3 tooth per inch 3/4 wide blade you can use a narrower blade but the cut may wobble a bit.
Thank you, I appreciate your advice, that is what I will be doing, just got an olson 3tpi hook tooth 3/4 wide blade, that should do it ,thanks again

Back