Renowned Maritime Museum of the Atlantic, Halifax, Nova Scotia

Jimsky

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Moderator

The museum boasts over 24,000 shipwreck artifacts including one of the only Titanic deck chairs in existence. Then beyond this, the museum features a massive collection of superb quality scale ship and boat models. The museum even has a dedicated workshop for creating and maintaining these models. I'm sure you will enjoy this World's Best Collection of Scale Model Ships.

Enjoy!

Agree, I visited this museum. Fortunately it took more than 1/2 hour to visit. You must expect more than 3-4 hours for modellers to visit. My self, it was my first visit to a maritime museum and this visit bring me in this hobby.

Amazing collection. Cannot believe I missed it on my last visit to Halifax. Thank you for showing this Jimsky.

The museum boasts over 24,000 shipwreck artifacts including one of the only Titanic deck chairs in existence. Then beyond this, the museum features a massive collection of superb quality scale ship and boat models. The museum even has a dedicated workshop for creating and maintaining these models. I'm sure you will enjoy this World's Best Collection of Scale Model Ships.

Enjoy!
Hello Jim, Great find, this sure brings back a lot of very fine memories. My Admiral Bernadette and I visited this museum a couple of timed a few years ago, Thanks.
Regards Lawrence

It is indeed a wonderful museum well worth the visit. Another bonus is that it is located on the historic properties on the water front where there are a couple of museum ships ( Flower Class Corvett Sackville and one other research vessel) to visit.

Visited the Halifax museum on my way to the Louisbourg fort and especially loved the section on lost ships. “Kjipuktuk” is one of the friendliest towns I've been to. Nice restaurants and lots to do. Someone even paid for my parking ticket!

Back