PVC Plank Gap filler

I haven't used it, but I'm only on my second wooden ship build. on the first build I used very fine black thread but it was a pain and very fiddly. I got lazy on the deck of my current ship and simply darkened the edges of the deck planks with a 'Sharpie' indelible pen.when glued in place it gives a nice thin black 'tar' line.

I haven't used it, but I'm only on my second wooden ship build. on the first build I used very fine black thread but it was a pain and very fiddly. I got lazy on the deck of my current ship and simply darkened the edges of the deck planks with a 'Sharpie' indelible pen.when glued in place it gives a nice thin black 'tar' line.
I agree a sharpie is probably the way to go The filler planks would work great but the cost is expensive around $35 for 350 pcs at 12" long? Plus shipping
The sharpie works good!
Thanks

I agree a sharpie is probably the way to go The filler planks would work great but the cost is expensive around $35 for 350 pcs at 12" long? Plus shipping
The sharpie works good!
Thanks
Beware the Sharpie if you plan to stain the deck. The black might run. Much safer is a black permanent laundry marker available ion sewing or craft stores.

I have used a carpenter pencil which can be purchased at most building supply stores. The line is a dark grey and looks good. I have had trouble with Sharpies as the ink can bleed in to the deck surface.

Bill W.

Back