Purchased shortly ago / sthg new in your workshop -> present it here

I just purchased this mini milling machine.

View attachment 91638

View attachment 91639

I'm hoping to improve my drilling work. First, I've got to determine how to mount it to my drill press, set it up and then how to use it. Oh well there is nothing like a new challenge to keep you going.
I have it. I’show you “my how”

Hi Guys I have the same one,, I purchased CUTTERS, STEP CLAMPS etc all that was recomended by EPICDOOM()JOE) it is mounted on my DREMELL WORK STATION, as I am not mechanicly inclined I do need HELP VERY BADLY, so looking foreward to your post. THANKS Don

Hi Hellmut, I do need more help will post pictures of my set up tommorrow, I do not have a vice mounted to the table what kind of vice are you using, CAN USE ALL THE HELP I CAN GET. Don PS do not want to impose on this thread unless PAWLEY WANTS IT HERE

Me and my old mother were in a garden center when I came across these flowers the pines made in birch.
I'm not sure what to use them, i was tempted because they were made appropriate dimensions.
Any suggestions ?.flower pins (1).jpgflower pins (2).jpg
Hilsen-

Picked up these today at the "Dollar Shop", woodless charcoal pencils specifically for simulating tar caulking on the planks. The biscuits were also purchased today but will not be a feature on this forum, more likely my stomach.P1010859.JPG

P1010860.JPG

P1010861.JPG

The above image has 3B pencil on the right, Hard charcoal in the middle and Soft charcoal on the left. Aside I've been noticing a blemish on my pictures recently and noticed that there are some dust specks in-between the two of the lenses at the front, weird thing is that the camera is sealed! When turned off two shutters close as the lens retracts.

P1010862.JPG

Sample of the pencils using the same pressure (as if writing with soft wax)

Last edited:
I don't think so Brian because this thin line is all that is visible, the edges of the planks below were all done with a 3B pencil. The planks are lightly sanded after every three planks to remove the smudges from the pencil lead on my fingers. Having said that I will test your theory. I have an airbrush and will ultimately spray an Oak stain on the Mayflower upper, I want to display the ship in a small diorama as the ship would have looked like after three months plus at sea. The white hull would have been pretty grotty and looking worse for wear. This model does not have running rigging or sails in the kit only the standard rigging which is ideal as all the sails and running rigging would have been stowed once at anchor. Sorry, got a tad of topic there.
P1010863.JPG

The set of Model Craft saw blades is the most valuable in my opinion, from razor fine to coarse, also the little blow torch would be very handy to "coloring" wood to enhance the grain.
Knut, the little wooden pegs we can get here in Australia at the Dollar shops, 50 pegs for about $3.00. The springs are not strong enough.

Back