Purchased shortly ago / sthg new in your workshop -> present it here

I ordered 100 of those. They don't work as well as the sewing needle. But they do seem to keep the glue bottled from plugging up. I think 100 of them will last forever.

My Creality Ender 3 3d printer has arrived. I plugged it in and plugged the USB wire to the computer thinking that they would talk to each other but they don"t. As is, you have to download the Gcode file onto a Micro sd card and then load the card into the memory of the printer. Well that doesn't work for me, so I sent a message to Creality and I need two things for this the printer to talk to the computer:
(i) A Raspberry Pi
(ii) Octoprint software.

Well, I purchased the raspberry pi card and should be receiving it tomorrow. Then I will give it a test.

(i) Printer:
1706983164014.png

(ii) Raspberry Pi:
OctoPi recommends Raspberry Pi models 3B, 3B+, 4B, or Zero 2 W
For those not familiar, Raspberry Pi is like a microcomputer. Apparently in this configuration it will be used as a 3D printer daemon.

1706983372970.png

Last edited:
That's how I do it, works fine. The smaller the needle the lower the amount of glue
Es stimmt. aber bis man diesen kleinen Tropfen auf die nadel bekommt verschwendet man manchmal mehrere tropfen extra und deswegen denke ich dass die kunststof droplet sparsamer sein wird.

Es stimmt. aber bis man diesen kleinen Tropfen auf die nadel bekommt verschwendet man manchmal mehrere tropfen extra und deswegen denke ich dass die kunststof droplet sparsamer sein wird.
No I put a drop of glue on a piece of glass and use that drop to dip the needle in. The drop of glue will not harden out fast because of the amount. So most of the time I use just one drop for almost half an hour or more.

No I put a drop of glue on a piece of glass and use that drop to dip the needle in. The drop of glue will not harden out fast because of the amount. So most of the time I use just one drop for almost half an hour or more.
Thanks for your advice,I will try this.
Which trade mark glue do you recommend

Thanks for your advice,I will try this.
Which trade mark glue do you recommend
For this you need the thin liquid one. Not the gel. And I use always a real cheap one for my ropes and Pattex for wood. Bison gel for Metals.

My Creality Ender 3 3d printer has arrived. I plugged it in and plugged the USB wire to the computer thinking that they would talk to each other but they don"t. As is, you have to download the Gcode file onto a Micro sd card and then load the card into the memory of the printer. Well that doesn't work for me, so I sent a message to Creality and I need two things for this the printer to talk to the computer:
(i) A Raspberry Pi
(ii) Octoprint software.

Well, I purchased the raspberry pi card and should be receiving it tomorrow. Then I will give it a test.

(i) Printer:
View attachment 425466

(ii) Raspberry Pi:
OctoPi recommends Raspberry Pi models 3B, 3B+, 4B, or Zero 2 W
For those not familiar, Raspberry Pi is like a microcomputer. Apparently in this configuration it will be used as a 3D printer daemon.

View attachment 425469
THis is why I don't get involved with latest technology such as this. Ignarance is bliss and avoids such problems !

THis is why I don't get involved with latest technology such as this. Ignarance is bliss and avoids such problems !
I understand your point, but for me I love this stuff. I like to solve these sorts of problems.. I am addicted to tools. lol. Truth be told I didn't really need to build this printer daemon. I could have simply used the microsd chip to transfer the gcode files to the printer, but I want more, so there you go.

I understand your point, but for me I love this stuff. I like to solve these sorts of problems.. I am addicted to tools. lol. Truth be told I didn't really need to build this printer daemon. I could have simply used the microsd chip to transfer the gcode files to the printer, but I want more, so there you go.

I get my models to print from Thingiverse, Printable or other free sites import into Cura (free software), make my print adjustments and then copy to a micro chip which I later insert into my Ender 3 V2 NEO and print.

Still trying to figure out the 10 Watt laser attachment and for later on add the Creality Sonic Klipper pad For faster printing.

I get my models to print from Thingiverse, Printable or other free sites import into Cura (free software), make my print adjustments and then copy to a micro chip which I later insert into my Ender 3 V2 NEO and print.

Still trying to figure out the 10 Watt laser attachment and for later on add the Creality Sonic Klipper pad For faster printing.
Yes, that is what I do too, but I want to talk to the printer from my computer. It would be nice.
I have a laser attachment for my little CNC3018 machine. I am too scared to try it.

Yes, that is what I do too, but I want to talk to the printer from my computer. It would be nice.
I have a laser attachment for my little CNC3018 machine. I am too scared to try it.
Got everything working. Computer is talking to printer, finally, via a Raspberry Pi printer server and Octoprint, which is how I interface with the Raspberry Pi printer server.
Now I have to figure out how to get the PLA to stick to the bloody pad. I have been toying with this thing for the past week and I cannot get it to stick. I'll have to check the literature.

Back