Printable conversion chart

Tony P

Staff member
Le Rochefort Moderator

Where can I get a printable 1/36 scale conversion chart in inches/feet and mm/cm ? I'm not converting inches to metric, just 1/36 scales. I want a chart that's only 1/36

Where can I get a printable 1/36 scale conversion chart in inches/feet and mm/cm ? I'm not converting inches to metric, just 1/36 scales. I want a chart that's only 1/36
maybe this can be of some help

Thanks I have these. I need a chart. There must be one there is in other scales.

That's an oddball scale. You may have to make your own. I usually just scribble the conversion factor on whatever plans I am using and keep a calculator handy.

Thanks I have these. I need a chart. There must be one there is in other scales.
Give me an idea of what you want (like a pic of a similar chart in another scale) and I'll make you one in Excel (which can then be printed) or make you a PDF.

That's an oddball scale. You may have to make your own. I usually just scribble the conversion factor on whatever plans I am using and keep a calculator handy.
Yes but the chart is easy reference. Don’t have to do the calculation every time.

Give me an idea of what you want (like a pic of a similar chart in another scale) and I'll make you one in Excel (which can then be printed) or make you a PDF.
Like this only in 1/36. Can’t find one anywhere. Thanks

Something like this?

1659722566326.png

I really don't care for the fraction function in Excel; it only goes to 16ths, and then you have other options that result in the above, which I don't like at all. I can write my own fraction function to give it to 32nds, but that will take a bit longer. I can post an Excel spreadsheet here, which anyone will be able to change the scale of, and it will calculate all the values. Here's the example one you gave in 1:144, for example, so you can compare the values:

1659722838165.png

Here's a PDF of the 1:36 scale for you:

Attachments

• Scale Conversion 1-36.pdf
    4.4 KB · Views: 33
Yea but as you said. Common fractions. 1/32 1/16 1/8 etc. 64ths if need be. Never saw 1/3,1/5 1/9 th before ! Common ruler fractions of possible. Thanks

Well, common fractions are easy to do, as it turns out, but Excel wants to keep it ALL that fraction. So 1/32", 2/32" (instead of 1/16"), etc.:

1659723921741.png

I think I can do better, but it will take a bit....

Okay, here's the final (maybe - as an Engineer, it seems nothing I do is final):

1659730819463.png

I will publish an Excel sheet later; wifey is calling at the moment.

Attachments

• Scale Conversion 1-36.pdf
    5.6 KB · Views: 10
Completed my scale conversion spreadsheet to show proper fractions to the 32nd of an inch. Here's a pic with brief explanation:
1659751356598.png

You can download the spreadsheet (Excel) here. It is protected to prevent accidental destruction, but no password, so can be unprotected and changed if desired.

Attachments

• Scale Conversion Chart.xlsx
    14.3 KB · Views: 31
I use an Excel Spreadsheet that inputs feet and inches, converts to incehes, and then uses the scale you want as a constant at he head of the table.
Multiply the full size by the constant and get the scale dimension in inches, then convert ot mm if you are working in metric.
if you wish to change the scale, just change the constant at the head of the table and all the dimensions inch and metric will change automatically.
I am abot to have dinner now, and I will make up an example table with formulae and post it later ans an xls file.

Current built,
HM Bark Endeavor - Display case

HM ship MAry Rose in oroginal condition as buit.

Back