POF L'Amarante Corvette de 12 canons 1744 1:36 (Ancre Monograph- Gérard Delacroix) By Shota

hello my dear friends
I would like to share with you that today the first stage of fitting the frames to the keel has completed.
I admit it is quite exciting to see the beautiful outline of the ship.
I would like to mention that this is a creation of 53 frames, each of which consists of 13 different parts to which the bow and stern parts are added. In total, there are about 700 parts that need to be manufactured as accurately as possible and adjusted between them so that they are compatible with the drawings from the monograph and in reality.

I estimate that for each frame I dedicated about an hour to sanding and adjustments until I was satisfied with the intermediate result.
I will share with you two insights from the process:

it is important to make sure to place the part on the growth lines/fibers of the wood so that they support the contours and structure of the rib.
In addition, the pear tree is convenient to work with, and even by wetting the frame in hot water, it can be expanded and even reduced a little (I mean the upper third of it).
Of course, I still have a lot of work waiting for me until permanent gluing (installation of nails in the frames as well as the filler parts in the upper third of the spaces between them). Until then, I wish us all peace and quiet and great enjoyment from our hobby:)

View attachment 444662View attachment 444663View attachment 444664View attachment 444665View attachment 444666View attachment 444667View attachment 444668View attachment 444669View attachment 444670View attachment 444671View attachment 444672
That is looking very nice, Shota. It must be a relief to finish this building part of the frames.
Regards, Peter

Witaj
Dojście do tego etapu pracy jak efekt jaki uzyskałeś jest cudowną sprawą Shoto cieszę się z Tobą . Pozdrawiam Mirek

Good morning Shota my friend.
First of all, I congratulate you on this milestone and it looks very good. It will be a ship.
Sorry that I didn't reply to you yesterday. Thank you for asking, the family and I are doing very well and we are always thinking of you. I'm adding a picture to your questions and hope I can help you a little further.

Rahmen erklärung.jpg

hello my dear friends
I would like to share with you that today the first stage of fitting the frames to the keel has completed.
I admit it is quite exciting to see the beautiful outline of the ship.
I would like to mention that this is a creation of 53 frames, each of which consists of 13 different parts to which the bow and stern parts are added. In total, there are about 700 parts that need to be manufactured as accurately as possible and adjusted between them so that they are compatible with the drawings from the monograph and in reality.

I estimate that for each frame I dedicated about an hour to sanding and adjustments until I was satisfied with the intermediate result.
I will share with you two insights from the process:

it is important to make sure to place the part on the growth lines/fibers of the wood so that they support the contours and structure of the rib.
In addition, the pear tree is convenient to work with, and even by wetting the frame in hot water, it can be expanded and even reduced a little (I mean the upper third of it).
Of course, I still have a lot of work waiting for me until permanent gluing (installation of nails in the frames as well as the filler parts in the upper third of the spaces between them). Until then, I wish us all peace and quiet and great enjoyment from our hobby:)

View attachment 444662View attachment 444663View attachment 444664View attachment 444665View attachment 444666View attachment 444667View attachment 444668View attachment 444669View attachment 444670View attachment 444671View attachment 444672
Good afternoon Shota. A lot of work and plenty satisfaction. Congratulations. Cheers Grant

That's an important milestone you reached, Shota. Perseverence does pay dividends.
Good afternoon Shota. A lot of work and plenty satisfaction. Congratulations. Cheers Grant
Witaj
Dojście do tego etapu pracy jak efekt jaki uzyskałeś jest cudowną sprawą Shoto cieszę się z Tobą . Pozdrawiam Mirek
Congratulations for reaching this first big milestone
Ahh! Another milestone well done Shota.
That is looking very nice, Shota. It must be a relief to finish this building part of the frames.
Regards, Peter
my dear friends
thank you very much for your kind words, compliments and support :)

Good morning Shota my friend.
First of all, I congratulate you on this milestone and it looks very good. It will be a ship.
Sorry that I didn't reply to you yesterday. Thank you for asking, the family and I are doing very well and we are always thinking of you. I'm adding a picture to your questions and hope I can help you a little further.

View attachment 444766

First I would like to thank our Dear friend Tobias, for all the support and information he gives me.
My dear friend Your guidance helps me a lot at work.

So what I did today, I started drilling holes with a width of 0.7 mm according to Tobias' instructions. I
nto these holes I inserted a square brass wire with a thickness of 0.6 mm.

At the same time I tested the ability to brown the nails using chemicals that I have. the test has been in a separate wooden board, but the result was not satisfactory20240501_190149.jpg
So I ordered the ballistol that Tobias recommended. IMG_1276.jpegUntil the ballistol arrives I will continue to install the nails in the frames.
today I managed about an hour and a half a three frames.20240501_191247.jpg20240501_191212.jpg
Im using pliers with a special head as you will see in the picture, it cuts the head straight/flat.
20240501_183113.jpg 20240501_183053.jpg

I admit that the camera on my smartphone is quite poor and does not reflect the square nails very well. Or the photographer is not talented enough:D:cool:
Good night to all of us

Last edited:
My Dear Friends
I'm Asking for your help especially from those living in and around Germany. Unfortunately the ballistol-shop canceled my order (after it was officially confirmed) because they do not ship to my country.
Unfortunately, other stores also do not make deliveries to Israel .
Will any of you be willing to purchase the product for me (of course I will send money in advance via PayPal).
The product costs about 14 euros on the website.
Later I will also transfer the shipping cost, I am content with regular service with a tracking number.

Anyone how willing to help me, I would be happy to contact me via a private email on the this site

thanks in advance Shota
IMG_1276.jpeg

Hello Shota, as already mentioned in our personal conversation, I will be happy to get it for you.
Just ordered for 10,50€. Delivery date is around 25 May, we will clarify the rest in a personal message.
Thank you very much my dearest friend :)
for all the help We will continue to correspond by private email

Back