Pocher Rolls Royce phantom ii full restoration

Hello everyone,

For those of you that follow my Bentley Blower build, you know that, althought not yet finished, I'm a lot closer to the end that I was whrn I started about one year ago. That's why I'm starting the ground work for my next project, a full restoration of an already built Pocher rolls royce phantom ii. I recently found this car at my local hobby shop. I don't know who built it or when, all I know is that it's in a very bad state.

So here's what I would like to do with it.

1- complet dismantle and cleaning of every usable parts

2- 3d model and print (or scratch build) any part destroyed during dismantling. I'm expecting there will be many

3- 3d model and print any parts that do not look like the real ones

4- like many of you know, Pocher cars have working engine pistons and crank which is a steep in the right direction. I'd like to go further by incorporating a small gearmotor to electricaly drive the motor. I'd would also like to drive the rear wheel also. Another aspect of the engine that in lacking is the valve train. Althougt nicely detailed, it is static. I would like to have a working valve train driven from the engine. In order to properly do this, I need to find some pictures, drawings, exploded views... of the 7.7 liter straight 6 engine that was in the car. If anyone has this kind of info, please let me know.

5- a full interior up date

6- wiring for head lights, brake lights, flashers

7- maybe a redesign of the bodywork to give it a slightly different look

8- transform it into a full rag top version

Here are a few pictures of the car as found.

20240325_105955.jpg.9d1c68db2fa4548abf5b0dea5af7e4c5.jpg

More to come later this year.

Back