Pilar

Look to obtain the build plan and instruction booklet for Constructo's Pilar.

This model is no longer available and I plan to scratch build one.

Dave

Hi,you might find on ebay some old Constructo kits,or try Cornwall Modelboats in UK ,they are selling ship kits plans

Cornwall in the UK didn't have anything. I have a trace for the kit / plans on Ebay. So just biding my time until something pops. Hopefully.

I have been watching this item on Ebay but not sure how much help it would be. It's an assembly manual but I don't think it would assist me in determining the dimensions of pieces. I go back and forth on making the purchase.

I have been watching this item on Ebay but not sure how much help it would be. It's an assembly manual but I don't think it would assist me in determining the dimensions of pieces. I go back and forth on making the purchase.
I too have been on the watch for this constructo kit... My skill level is not that of scratch builder so I never thought to look for plans.
There is a you tuber by the name of Jac Coolen who recently posted his completed model of Pilar. Bought his kit in the Netherlands.
Did a wonderful job. Maybe he has the old sheets that the parts were cut from and some insights.
Good luck with your quest... I will keep an eye out for anything that may be of value to you.

I have found a few build logs of this model as well as the pictures you mentioned. Doing an image search of the ship helped somewhat as well. Hoping all the images will help when I decide to undertake the project.
Perhaps we can share what we have found?

Found it! All we need to build the Pilar.

Go to Model Ship World and search Pilar. Check out the latest post from Pat Matthews. He has a link to download his CAD files.

If you check his build log you can see the quality of his work.

Dave

Found it! All we need to build the Pilar.

Go to Model Ship World and search Pilar. Check out the latest post from Pat Matthews. He has a link to download his CAD files.

If you check his build log you can see the quality of his work.

Dave
Wow... It appears you hit the mother load ! !
Checked the sites and downloaded his files. He certainly knows the history and yes, his build quality is amazing.
That fighting chair and the cast pieces for the rear drives were masterful.
I'll start going thru the build log on the RC site in the next few weeks.
Again, great find ! ! When you start construction, and I'm assuming you will... Please start a build log. I'm sure it will be fascinating.
Be well,

Dave (also)

Will be several months before I can start Pilar as I have to finish Bluenose first. Just don't have the room to work on two models at the same time. But between the downloaded files and his RC build log we should be able to build a decent model.
Will be starting the masts on Bluenose soon and then on to the rigging.
Need to find a place with a 36 inch printer to print out his files. Staples or Office Depot?

Dave

Will be several months before I can start Pilar as I have to finish Bluenose first. Just don't have the room to work on two models at the same time. But between the downloaded files and his RC build log we should be able to build a decent model.
Will be starting the masts on Bluenose soon and then on to the rigging.
Need to find a place with a 36 inch printer to print out his files. Staples or Office Depot?

Dave
I actually have a printer near me that handles the big stuff... I dropped him off the 1:1's that came with my ZHL Pearl and had him make me an extra set for safe keeping. As well as a set that was 1/3rd the size for wall postings. Did a great job.
I'll get these files dropped off to him in the next week or so. Happy to send you a set. You can email me an address at right2arm@gmail.com. Title it Pilar Build 2023 ! !
David

Dave
Hallo Dave alias @CPDDET
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Dave
Hallo Dave alias @CPDDET
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Did you start this project in the meantime?

Thank you for the birthday wishes!
I continue my Nautical Research Guild half hull planking build as I need to improve my skills in that area.
But my research on Pilar has never stopped. I did manage to find a still sealed Constructo kit for this model as well as sets of plans from different sources. I've collected well over a hundred photos of the original boat and dozens of articles.
Once I start the Pilar project I will probably do an extensive kit bashing of the Constructo model rather than a scratch build. But still pondering that decision.
Dave

HI U THINK I SAW A PILLAR KIT FROM ONE OF THE CHINESE SUPPLIERS NOT SURE INTERESTING PROJECT, DO YOU HAVE ANY PHOTOS OF YOUR HALF HULL BUILD I TOO HAVE THIS I WOULD LIKE TO START IT SOON LATE THIS YEAR ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND YOURS DON

Got a set of plans done by Pat Mathews, a RC model builder. He did a superb job on his build. Also found an unopened Pilar kit model by Constructo. That will have build plans in it as wwell. So I will be using Pat's plans to bash the kit.
I'm just starting the first band of planking on the half hull kit. There are a multitude of build logs for this model, including mine and Teri Lavin's, on the Model Ship World forum (modelshipworld.com) which I have found to be a big help. Teri is the one who designed the kit and wrote the instruction manual. She is very good at answering questions if you contact her.
The instructions that come with the kit are quite good if carefully read and closely followed.

Back