Out of glosta1948

Just joined. Family of origin were from Gloucester Massachusetts.Grandparent were on a cargo ship from Ireland around 1805. They passed thru Ellis Island with " the clothes on their back" .He was a carpenter an fisherman . No work for " green horns". He was told that Nova Scotia had lot of work so they travelled there. He worked on the docks as a lumper- loading and unloading fishing boats. Some few member told him that they had a lot work for carpenters in Gloucester and they moved there. They remained there til they passed away ( he was 96 ; grandma was 96).

Just joined. Family of origin were from Gloucester Massachusetts.Grandparent were on a cargo ship from Ireland around 1805. They passed thru Ellis Island with " the clothes on their back" .He was a carpenter an fisherman . No work for " green horns". He was told that Nova Scotia had lot of work so they travelled there. He worked on the docks as a lumper- loading and unloading fishing boats. Some few member told him that they had a lot work for carpenters in Gloucester and they moved there. They remained there til they passed away ( he was 96 ; grandma was 96).
Welcome aboard Glostanative. Your family history is something that I and many others could relate ourselves. My family came from Cuba in the early 60’s with just the cloths in their back, literally nothing else. My Dad started working two different jobs the Miami Airport and I could only see him on Sunday mornings because he only had 4 hours off.
But here we are and always remember what our parents had to go through.
Let us know when will you be starting to build something.

Привет! Как вы сегодня? Я так рада, что мы с тобой вместе и можем вместе что-то обсудить или построить! Добро пожаловать! Глостанатив1948. с наилучшими пожеланиями!

Hallo @Glostanative1948
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back