Other hobbies that are not ship model building

“When you tear out a man’s tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you’re only telling the world that you fear what he might say”
- George R.R. Martin

This will be my last post on the subject, but all you did was prove my point.

“When you tear out a man’s tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you’re only telling the world that you fear what he might say”
- George R.R. Martin

This will be my last post on the subject, but all you did was prove my point.
Here, on our forum, we don't have to prove anything to anyone. Everyone's opinion counts!! There are so many subjects about ships and the models we can build from. This is what our forum is all about. ;)

Handguns are made for one purpose only and that is to kill fellow human beings...period. How can you be so proud to own such a thing?

Please keep them out of this forum as they will poison the air about as they did America.
Not ONE PURPOSE...I own and shoot a Colt .45 ACP Gold Cup. It is a National Match competition T A R G E T pistol. Yes, it can be used for PROTECTION if needed. In my 77 years, I have never had to point a weapon at someone. Some of us enjoy shooting as a hobby. I grew up with firearms and am well qualified with their use. Don't like it? Change the channel....

Not ONE PURPOSE...I own and shoot a Colt .45 ACP Gold Cup. It is a National Match competition T A R G E T pistol. Yes, it can be used for PROTECTION if needed. In my 77 years, I have never had to point a weapon at someone. Some of us enjoy shooting as a hobby. I grew up with firearms and am well qualified with their use. Don't like it? Change the channel....
As the admin and moderator, I asked everyone to stop posting/replying about the handguns and their purpose. It will be a shame if I have to close this thread which has more than 30 pages of other hobbies information because of a few posts of political discussion.

Here, on our forum, we don't have to prove anything to anyone. Everyone's opinion counts!! There are so many subjects about ships and the models we can build from. This is what our forum is all about. ;)

First, let me start by saying Thank You. I fully expected by hitting the send button on that, I would no longer have an account. You not knee-jerking says a lot.

In the spirit of opinion and open discussion, how is it that two dissenting voices gets to shut down an entire part of the community merely out of the fear of controversy.
And mind you, we’re all grown men here… “because I said so” is something dads say to their 12-year-olds.

Please don't shut down the thread Jim. Granted, we must keep our political views out of our group discussions. Speaking for myself, I have always been very interested in seeing what other members do for their hobbies and other special interests.

In the spirit of opinion and open discussion, how is it that two dissenting voices gets to shut down an entire part of the community merely out of the fear of controversy.
And mind you, we’re all grown men here… “because I said so” is something dads say to their 12-year-olds.
... because this discussion derived beyond a hobby, and gets more political talk about who and why should or shouldn't have a handgun, which is prohibited on our forum!
And mind you, we’re all grown men here…
... as such a grown man, you should understand, that I asked all to stop this discussion. Thank you!

@Jimsky I think you need to do 2 things: (1) make an announcement stating what is / is not permitted on this forum. Many forums I go to outright ban political and religious discussions, and moderators actively enforce it. (2) delete all the off topic political posts in this thread. Closing a popular thread like this one would be a real pity.

Anyway, to get back on topic ... since photography was brought up, I like photography as well. This is the best photo of the Sydney Opera House I have ever taken:

1699550686748.png

You get that vantage point with a drone. I was flying a DJI Mavic 3. Unfortunately it's illegal. I found that out when I was approached by a security guard who politely asked me to pack it away and don't do it again.

1699550945474.png

Here is another drone photo, taken in Margaret River, Western Australia.

1699551160123.png

This was from the Bode Museum in Berlin. Leica M10 / 35mm Summilux at f/1.4.

@Jimsky I think you need to do 2 things: (1) make an announcement stating what is / is not permitted on this forum. Many forums I go to outright ban political and religious discussions, and moderators actively enforce it.
Thanks, Keith. I think, there is no need to list all the allowed topics. We are open to discussing any topics as long they are not Political and Religious. All the rules of using the forum are outlined in our terms and conditions when you sign up to be a member of the forum. Sadly, fewest members are reading it.
Closing a popular thread like this one would be a real pity.
Closing doesn't mean deleting, it will be locked for post and reply. But we have no intence to do it! This is why I asked to stop the discussion.

Time to move on! There are modeling tasks waiting.

Jimsky, my photo from above post is from a full scale Super Cub that I fly. Also I must comment on KeithWs' drone photos which I think are fantastic. Here in Canada we have to have a special pilots license to fly RC aircraft which are all considered drones with a whole bag of restrictions attached. Please don't consider this as a political statement.;):D

Jimsky, my photo from above post is from a full scale Super Cub that I fly. Also I must comment on KeithWs' drone photos which I think are fantastic. Here in Canada we have to have a special pilots license to fly RC aircraft which are all considered drones with a whole bag of restrictions attached. Please don't consider this as a political statement.;):D
We require a drone license here in the US too unless it weighs less than 250g or is flown at a place that is registered as an FRIA RC field. I had a 1/5 scratch built Zeke and a scratch built 1/4 clip-wing Taylorcraft.

Back