Oo's ta jern, marrers? (Translation from Cumbrian to English: "How are you doing, friends?)

And the rest of the post is in traditional English!

I recently made a return to my old childhood hobby and took up modelling again. Despite my eyes not being what they used to be, I really enjoyed it and made one of my favourite Airfix kits: HMS Belfast. I wondered about moving onto A Tamiya ship or Tamiya 1:24th aircraft, but decided instead to resurrect a model I'd had gathering dust in the attic room... unmade apart from the frame and decks. The wooden 'Artesania Latina' 1/90th scale galleon San Francisco II. Lovely. I can lose many happy hours (whilst only adding half a dozen planks).

After much head-scratching and googling certain aspects of wooden ship building, I thought it about time that I joined a forum... so here I am.

I'll have many questions, no doubt. With luck I'll also be able to supply useful answers.

I'm genuinely excited to see how you all roll. I can't imagine model makers to be anything other than friendly, helpful and fun. Look forward to discussing things with you all.

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Thanks for the warm welcome folks! I've already found this forum a big help. Happily (and sadly, at the same time) the information supplied is leading me to want to add more detail to my San Francisco II than the kit supplies.

Back