Older Dremel Table Saw

I picked up a Dremel Model 280 table saw at an estate sale and it is really pretty nice! The motor looks like a sewing machine motor but has a lot more power. I've only cleaned it up and made a few cuts but it seems like a nice little machine. Like any little saw, set up is going to be key for accurate cuts. The fence and miter gauge are OK, but I wouldn't trust them to stay put but that's what squares, clamps and 1-2-3 blocks are for. It takes 4" blades with a 1/2" bore which are relatively easy to find from MicroMark and elsewhere. Additional replacement and upgrade parts are available from:
The tilting arbor and blade raising.lowering mechanisms work well. The whole body, table included, is some kind of sturdy plastic. These were also sold under Sears and Montgomery-Ward names in the US and Canada. The throat plate is sheet metal, BUT seems to be the same thickness as Formica sheets when you need to make zero clearance inserts. 3-D printed plates are available from radicalRC, above. The motor seems higher quality than the current Micromark offering. If you see one, I would pick it up! Just my first impressions...

Very nice. I had a very difficult time searching for a small (micro?) table saw. Most of them were only slightly cheaper than a Lambourgini. I ended up with an OK one for a little over USD $100. No tilt, but ample power and it seems to work OK. Yours could last you a long time. the photo at the Radical site looks very nice.

Very nice. I had a very difficult time searching for a small (micro?) table saw. Most of them were only slightly cheaper than a Lambourgini. I ended up with an OK one for a little over USD $100. No tilt, but ample power and it seems to work OK. Yours could last you a long time. the photo at the Radical site looks very nice.
Yes I too have one of those Chinese mini table saws. The original blade os ok for sawing but its a little rough if you don't hold the work steady and true to the fence. I also noted that the blade it came with had carbide teeth with a high angle alternate lay bevel but the tips were at a different diameter so one side of the cut was shallower by about 1mm than the other.
I have changed the blade out with an aftermarket blade with a flat top grind.

1mm is quite a lot in our biz! I have a "fine" blade, and yes, the fence is key. Bit of play on mine. The angle is the part I'm sure I'll want (need?) one day. I think your Dremel will be great. Enjoy it!

Back