OLD GALLEON PLANS

Does anyone remember a construction series in one of the Popular or Illustrated Science or Mechanics magazines? I think it was around the late 1940s or early 50s. It might have not been for a galleon but some similar ship. Any help would much appreciated. Thank

Thanks, have searched of and on for several years but no luck. I didn’t remember the magazines being that old but i was only 10 or 12 in the late 50s or early 60s.
Thanks again.

Does anyone remember a construction series in one of the Popular or Illustrated Science or Mechanics magazines? I think it was around the late 1940s or early 50s. It might have not been for a galleon but some similar ship. Any help would much appreciated. Thank
E. Armitage McCann issued a series of articles in the Popular Science Monthly Magazine between April and August 1933 on the building of the Revenge:

McCann also collected a Popular Science Monthly series on "The Spanish Galleon" in a book entitled "Ship Model Making - How to Make Worth-While Models of Decorative Ships". I doubt if this was the same Galleon, however. The book was copyrighted 1926 and in the preface he states that the instructions described in the book were originally published in Popular Science Monthly, at least seven years before the articles Cirdan referenced. In addition to The Spanish Galleon, the book has instructions for "The Barbary Pirate Felucca".

I wonder if it is still 15 cents.

THANKS to all who have replied. I was given a bunch of old magazines in the late 50s and the series ran in those. I was 9 or 10 at the time, so I guess I didn’t remember the mags be that old, of coures I guess they were only 20 years or so.
Everyone’s help led me to the Bodkin book. I have since ordered from a used book site.
Thanks Again to all

Hallo @killieman54
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back