OCCRE ULYSSES PAINT AND MAKING RC READY

I am halfway through building the Occre Ulysses and have used the Occre acrylic paint on the hull after sand n seal.

My question is can I place the hull in water as it is or should the acrylic paint be coated in yacht varnish or something else?

On another note I want to water test the hull. Should I load up the brass tube with grease that hold the shaft or just place tape over it for now?

A grease seal for the prop is an old and tried method for a shaft seal. Those who know RC boats probably have much better solutions these days and they should be able to tell you if acrylic paint is enough to prevent hull damage. Unfortunately, I know nothing about RC boats. Perhaps an RC boat forum could help?

The Occre website doesn't say whether their acrylic paint is waterproof or not.

A good test would be to paint a test object, allow it to dry for a day or two, then submerge it in water overnight.

How long do you expect to have the boat in the water whenever you run it?

For the water test I would think just sealing the prop shaft tube would be sufficient. Tape if you trust it. Maybe a golf tee? Something similar?

Glenn

I am halfway through building the Occre Ulysses and have used the Occre acrylic paint on the hull after sand n seal.

My question is can I place the hull in water as it is or should the acrylic paint be coated in yacht varnish or something else?

On another note I want to water test the hull. Should I load up the brass tube with grease that hold the shaft or just place tape over it for now?
Hallo @PIMdesign
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back