Newbie 1st post intro.

Hi everyone, Great to be here amongst all you great ship builders. I'm Paul, ex soldier with ptsd from nr Wigan, Uk. Just started the Revell pirate ship 1:72. Although it isn't the Black Pearl, I am leaning towards doing an all black paint scheme. It is my 1st model, and hoping this project will help me with my ptsd to keep me focused. Would love to start a log of my build, but not sure where to start one? Under the tab group builds? not sure.
If i ever get this project finished, I would like to do HMS Victory, not sure as to scale, but a large one. Would love to also build a Space 1999 Eagle (well it is a ship, kind of) 22 inch at least.

Last edited:
Hallo and a warm welcome here on board of our forum

I would be happy to see your building log of

12974_d840fc78.jpg

you should start your log here:

Hi Spaced,
welcome from down under. This forum a is great Place for many things to do with the noble hobby of shipbuilding. It’s also safe place to talk about anything that’s on your mind.
So welcome to you.

Thankyou for the warm welcomes, very much appreciated. I'm Preparing to start taking photo's of progress (or lack of) so far, will upload later today.

Hi everyone, Great to be here amongst all you great ship builders. I'm Paul, ex soldier with ptsd from nr Wigan, Uk. Just started the Revell pirate ship 1:72. Although it isn't the Black Pearl, I am leaning towards doing an all black paint scheme. It is my 1st model, and hoping this project will help me with my ptsd to keep me focused. Would love to start a log of my build, but not sure where to start one? Under the tab group builds? not sure.
If i ever get this project finished, I would like to do HMS Victory, not sure as to scale, but a large one. Would love to also build a Space 1999 Eagle (well it is a ship, kind of) 22 inch at least.
Welcome aboard from Down Under. :)

Hi Spaced, welcome. Spookily enough, I am awaiting delivery of this kit so I will be watching with interest, I usually build wooden ship models but I saw this at a really good price so thought I'd give it a go. Thumbsup

Tom

Nice one mate, mine is on hold at the moment, jarred my back, can't sit at the table for longer than 5 mins at a time. lol. Hope to resume (back permitting) in the next few days.

Back