New member from Michigan USA

Hello
I'm Gerald Dykstra from Grand Rapids, Michigan. I've been a ship and boat modeler off and on for about 50 years. I've completed the Corel Vasa & started doing the Essex as drawn by Portia Takakjian. I've got the hull frame done to the point of starting the deck timbers & then veered off into other pursuits in life. One of which was a model of the Cape Girardeau sternwheeler. I do a lot of digital modeling in Autocad and Inventor. I've got a complete set of drawing files for the J M White sidewheeler cotton packet which I did in the style Capt. Alan Bates used for the Robert E Lee. In the summer I skipper the Pangaea, my Egg Harbor 33 and occasionally skipper the Mistral a 43' Hatteras MY out of Grand Haven Michigan. I also get into 3D printing with a high resolution resin printer.
I've attached a couple of shots of the Wilfred Sykes which I encounter quite often. She's a 680' river class laker with a 28,000 ton capacity. The only reason I took Pangaea in for the bow on shot is that the Sykes was backing down out the channel since she cannot turn around in the harbor. The W. Sykes is one of the last steam powered lakers still running.Pangaea backed into the slip.jpgWilfred Sykes 7-25-2021.jpgWilfred Sykes.jpg

Gerry

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Hello
I'm Gerald Dykstra from Grand Rapids, Michigan. I've been a ship and boat modeler off and on for about 50 years. I've completed the Corel Vasa & started doing the Essex as drawn by Portia Takakjian. I've got the hull frame done to the point of starting the deck timbers & then veered off into other pursuits in life. One of which was a model of the Cape Girardeau sternwheeler. I do a lot of digital modeling in Autocad and Inventor. I've got a complete set of drawing files for the J M White sidewheeler cotton packet which I did in the style Capt. Alan Bates used for the Robert E Lee. In the summer I skipper the Pangaea, my Egg Harbor 33 and occasionally skipper the Mistral a 43' Hatteras MY out of Grand Haven Michigan. I also get into 3D printing with a high resolution resin printer.
I've attached a couple of shots of the Wilfred Sykes which I encounter quite often. She's a 680' river class laker with a 28,000 ton capacity. The only reason I took Pangaea in for the bow on shot is that the Sykes was backing down out the channel since she cannot turn around in the harbor. The W. Sykes is one of the last steam powered lakers still running

Gerry
Hallo @Oldboatguy
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back