Naval Smoothbore Gun Deck by Model Shipways

Here is a great kit build by Model Shipways. This was my 3rd kit build and my first exposure to deck planking. For this kit I decided to add some additional scratch build which included the cannon balls and barrel. I also was not too please with the supplied block and decided to purchase some better ones that I felt were more realistic.

IMG_0382.jpgIMG_0383.jpgIMG_0384.jpg

A nice battle station - I like it very much - accurate work
Good, that you already tried to make the details better and more realistic - and with experience of more models it comes

Nicely done model with great detailing. The cannon balls are a nice touch, but I believe they are much too large to fit into the bore of the gun.

Nicely done model with great detailing. The cannon balls are a nice touch, but I believe they are much too large to fit into the bore of the gun.
Yes you are correct. They are a bit out of scale. I noticed it after the fact and I can live with it this time. Nice thing outside of our crazy world, my family and friends really do not notice if they are out of scale.

Besides, photos always adds ten pounds.... hahaha

Nice thing outside of our crazy world, my family and friends really do not notice if they are out of scale.
Oh, absolutely! We are our worst critic. And tiny details will always be noticed by the experts here on the forums, but never by our friends and neighbors who view the model in real life.
Besides, photos always adds ten pounds.... hahaha
So true! Okay

Back