N/S Savannah

At long last my model of the N/S Savannah finished !
Built from the old Revell model kit, I think originally issued in 1959. Scale 1/380.
I bought my copy in 2005. (Re-issue)
Did painting of the hull and modeled the sea back then already.
But only now I decided to finish her.
I scratch built her masts, using brass rod.
Rigging was done with "EZ-Line".
The model is far from perfect but I had good fun building it !

thumbnail_20230615_124615.jpg

thumbnail_20230615_124657.jpg

thumbnail_20230615_124715.jpg

Nice job on the Savannah. I have that model in my stash; just wondering if the decals are still good.

I remember that the original issue a part of the hull side could be removed to show the reactor room

Nice job on the Savannah. I have that model in my stash; just wondering if the decals are still good.
Thanks ! I ruined the original set of decals of the 2005 reissue. Revell Germany sent me two replacement sets.

I will have to keep that in mind. Can I ask you what color or paint mix you used for the decks? The color looks spot on.

I will have to keep that in mind. Can I ask you what color or paint mix you used for the decks? The color looks spot on.
Well, it has been some time ago that I sprayed the decks. I checked my paint box and I am pretty sure that I used Humbrol 78 matt. My only reference were some color photos of her decks in the National Geographic Magazine of Aug 1962.

thumbnail_20230702_082719.jpg

I remember that the original issue a part of the hull side could be removed to show the reactor room
Correct. On the starboard side but I decided not to use that option and display her as an underway vessel.

Well, it has been some time ago that I sprayed the decks. I checked my paint box and I am pretty sure that I used Humbrol 78 matt. My only reference were some color photos of her decks in the National Geographic Magazine of Aug 1962.

View attachment 382390
Thanks. I may have that color in my paint locker. Also thx for the research tip.

Back