mystery tools...

Dear modelling friends,
I'm recently retired, built some models in the 90's, now ready to take up our fascinating hobby again by building the Occre Endurance.

We bought a house in Sweden, which was formerly owned by a furniture carpenter.
He left us all his tools in the workshop. Amidst a plethora of clamps, saws, sandpaper etc,
I found some beautiful old tools (the former owner is 86 years old now, and inherited some of his tools from his father!).
However.. some of these tools puzzle me..let's see if any of you can gues what they are used for?

this is just a small first selection of tools that might come in handy for modelling:
4d728d80-3024-4d50-9607-0a46c91d29be.jpg

Anyone knows what this is for? Something to do with veneer maybe? Or leather work?
6ab38d9b-9bef-45d0-9587-e425770bcb13.jpg

and this beauty?
d875a6bd-4a4e-41ad-a9f5-91e71ce4abaf.jpg

this seems some to be some marking/router tool.. definitely useful;-)
a20e3872-ccdf-4103-afca-cc0e9eee2889.jpg075d79cb-e6c5-4f7e-ba5d-26c55b10984a.jpg

I'd be grateful for any help..looking forward to your ideas!
Happy modelling,
John

Wow..thank you all for the quick replies.. I feel a bit stupid though about the broken knife..that I should have figured out myself;-)
There is indeed what seems to be a little diamond on the top of the glass cutter.
I could have retired years earlier if I had known!
Thanks again.. now eagerly awaiting the arrival of my Endurance kit!

Dear modelling friends,
I'm recently retired, built some models in the 90's, now ready to take up our fascinating hobby again by building the Occre Endurance.

He left us all his tools in the workshop. Amidst a plethora of clamps, saws, sandpaper etc,
I found some beautiful old tools (the former owner is 86 years old now, and inherited some of his tools from his father!).
However.. some of these tools puzzle me..let's see if any of you can gues what they are used for?

this is just a small first selection of tools that might come in handy for modelling:
View attachment 408595

Anyone knows what this is for? Something to do with veneer maybe? Or leather work?
View attachment 408597

and this beauty?
View attachment 408598

View attachment 408600View attachment 408599

Happy modelling,
John
The third is a router. The blade will need setting finer to start a groove. I like it!

Hej Bob, Jim,
yes..tools can be beautiful, and these certainly are, especially with the patina of many decades of use;-)
In the picture is maybe one fifth of the collection. Files, screwdrivers, planers small and big, 50 or so clamps (from 10cm to 2 meter!) etc.

And yes Bob, I guess it is a small router..will come in handy I'm sure.
I actually put out the blade further for the photo.
Thank you for your replies!
John

Dear modelling friends,

View attachment 408595

View attachment 408597

and this beauty?
View attachment 408598

View attachment 408600View attachment 408599

Happy modelling,
John
1. Looks great for building a house. But, not of much use for ship modeling.
2. The size of ship modeling tools in measured in millimeters (or less) not in inches (way too large).

Это появилось на инструменте, рассчитанном на отламывание небольших кусочков стекла после того, как резак прочертил линию, где случайно разлом. Край стекла в прорезь входит.

View attachment 408635
Алмаз. Для резки стекла. В основном окно

Back