My name is David Smith. I live in Hermanus, Walker bay, in the Southern Cape, South Africa.

Welcome David, your models look good.

What kit did you use on the CSS Alabama?

Have fun and take some time to look around and see what all info is here to see.

Try the search function and you can see if anyone is working or has completed the kit your thinking of building.

also from my side a warm welcome here on board
your models are looking very good - well done

Welcome David, your models look good.

What kit did you use on the CSS Alabama?

Have fun and take some time to look around and see what all info is here to see.

Try the search function and you can see if anyone is working or has completed the kit your thinking of building.
Hi Kurt. I built the Alabama from scratch using the plans and details from the book 'Anatomy of a Confederate Raider' by Andrew Bowcock.

Hello David. A big welcome on SOS from a fellow Saffer. Hermanus is a great place to live - I regularly frequented The Kelders, Gansbaai and Kleinbaai. Be sure to post some pictures next time, to show everyone just how beautiful it is.

Your models sure look great and we are anxious to see what you have up your sleeve next. A build log would be the cherry on the cake.

Welcome!

Hello David. A big welcome on SOS from a fellow Saffer. Hermanus is a great place to live - I regularly frequented The Kelders, Gansbaai and Kleinbaai. Be sure to post some pictures next time, to show everyone just how beautiful it is.

Your models sure look great and we are anxious to see what you have up your sleeve next. A build log would be the cherry on the cake.

Welcome!
Hi Heinrich. Where do you live now? I am building a bigger model of the Alabama. At present working at irregular intervals but must make an effort to get it done.

Hi David.

I have been in Nantong, China now for four years. I'm a born and bread Capetonian, taught English for 11 years at Paarl Boys' High (lived in Paarl during that time), and then lived in Melkbosstrand for a few years before moving back to Paarl and finally, Kempton Park before coming to China.

Displaying some fine modelling skills there David!
Welcome from another 'Capie', unfortunately landlocked in Hartbeespoort at the moment.
Used to visit the Hermanus Magnetic Observatory quite often to get our instruments calibrated

I have built 4 models. HMS Birkenhead, CSS Alabama, HMS Cruiser and HMS Victory. I am busy with a second larger model of CSS Alabama. It takes me between 1 year and 2 years to complete a build. I attach pics of my models below.
Hallo @DAVIDAJSMITH
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back