My first Build Viking by Artesania latina

Ata

i choose this to avoid rigging as much as possible for my first build. I learned alot especially on side planking, I made huge mess and had difficult times and sand most of the imperfections.
Its not piece of art but in the end i am happy with result, currently i am waiting for wood stain walnut, after mast and oars my ship will be done,
I ll post those steps as well, my next kit will be Occre Polaris, after that i am planning to attempt mellpapa's blackpearl stracth build.

IMG_20231219_130116.jpg

IMG_20231218_194049.jpg

IMG_20231214_102712.jpg

thanks Uwe, i was checking your actual on bench project and i have a question,
i watch some Spanish guy video on same model as mine and he was using nails and nail pusher for fixing planks on side.
when i try on my planks they snap or split, how did you fix those nails on your project without damaging planks? is there an easy way or are you using special nails?

thanks Uwe, i was checking your actual on bench project and i have a question,
i watch some Spanish guy video on same model as mine and he was using nails and nail pusher for fixing planks on side.
when i try on my planks they snap or split, how did you fix those nails on your project without damaging planks? is there an easy way or are you using special nails?
you have to pre-drill a slightly smaller hole before you press a nail through the hole
Drilling makes maybe the difference

i choose this to avoid rigging as much as possible for my first build. I learned alot especially on side planking, I made huge mess and had difficult times and sand most of the imperfections.
Its not piece of art but in the end i am happy with result, currently i am waiting for wood stain walnut, after mast and oars my ship will be done,
I ll post those steps as well, my next kit will be Occre Polaris, after that i am planning to attempt mellpapa's blackpearl stracth build.

View attachment 415002

View attachment 415003

View attachment 415004
Hallo @Ata
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
How is your project going?

thanks alot Uwe,

its done also i finished polaris by Occre, i gifted it to my dad, now i am waiting for Golden Hinde again from Occre, than maybe i will attemp scratch build i was aiming Melpapa Sensei's Blackpearl.

I ll share some photos when i find time :)

Back