Models/Books for Sale

For various reasons, I have decided to leave the hobby. I am selling a number of model kits and books. Please PM me if interested and I will forward more info, pictures, prices, etc.........Thanks

Models
All complete in original boxes

Constitution - 1:76 Model Shipways #2040
Rattlesnake - 1:64 Mamoli
Benjamin W. Latham - 1:48 Model Shipways #2109
Flying Fish - 1:50 Corel
Phantom - 1⁄8” = 1’-0” Model Shipways solid hull circa 1960

Books
All are Paper-bound and in new condition, unless noted

The Rigging of Ships in the days of the Spritsail Topmast, 1600—1720; R.C. Anderson
Ship Modeling from Scratch; Edwin B. Leaf
Ship Modeling Simplified; Frank Mastini
Historic Ship Models; Wolfram zu Mondfeld
The Young Officer’s Sheet Anchor; Darcy Lever
Ship Modeler’s Shop Notes; Nautical Research Guild (used condition, slight watermarks)
Ship Modeler’s Shop Notes II; Nautical Research Guild
Gloucester Fishing Schooners; Erik A.R. Ronnberg Jr.
The Art of Rigging; George Biddlecombe
How to Build First-Rate Ship Models from Kits; Ben Lankford
Planking the Built-Up Ship Model; Model Shipways
Period Model Boat Manual; Edizioni Aeropiccola
Carving Ornamentation for Ship Models; Bill Short
A Modeller’s Guide to Rigging; Richard Mansir
The American Fishing Schooners, 1825 - 1935; Howard I. Chapelle (hard bound, used very good condition)
Rigging Period Ship Models; Lennarth Peterson (hard bound, new condition)
Rigging Period Fore-and-Aft Craft Lennarth Peterson (hard bound, new condition)
Anatomy of the Ship, The 44 Gun Frigate USS Constitution; Karl Heinz Marquardt (hard bound, new condition)

Hi Bill:

I have an interest in "Carving Ornamentation for Ship Models; Bill Short”. Is it still available and how much do you want for it? I live in the SF Bay Area. My email is lum40@comcast.net. If you can supply a snail mail address also.

Thanks,
Ken Lum

Hi Bill:

I have an interest in "Carving Ornamentation for Ship Models; Bill Short”. Is it still available and how much do you want for it? I live in the SF Bay Area. My email is lum40@comcast.net. If you can supply a snail mail address also.

Thanks,
Ken Lum
Sorry, that one has been sold.

OK, thanks much. The book is available online as a pdf, but just wondering if hard copy available.

Ken L.
======================

For various reasons, I have decided to leave the hobby. I am selling a number of model kits and books. Please PM me if interested and I will forward more info, pictures, prices, etc.........Thanks

Models
All complete in original boxes

Constitution - 1:76 Model Shipways #2040
Rattlesnake - 1:64 Mamoli
Benjamin W. Latham - 1:48 Model Shipways #2109
Flying Fish - 1:50 Corel
Phantom - 1⁄8” = 1’-0” Model Shipways solid hull circa 1960

Books
All are Paper-bound and in new condition, unless noted

The Rigging of Ships in the days of the Spritsail Topmast, 1600—1720; R.C. Anderson
Ship Modeling from Scratch; Edwin B. Leaf
Ship Modeling Simplified; Frank Mastini
Historic Ship Models; Wolfram zu Mondfeld
The Young Officer’s Sheet Anchor; Darcy Lever
Ship Modeler’s Shop Notes; Nautical Research Guild (used condition, slight watermarks)
Ship Modeler’s Shop Notes II; Nautical Research Guild
Gloucester Fishing Schooners; Erik A.R. Ronnberg Jr.
The Art of Rigging; George Biddlecombe
How to Build First-Rate Ship Models from Kits; Ben Lankford
Planking the Built-Up Ship Model; Model Shipways
Period Model Boat Manual; Edizioni Aeropiccola
Carving Ornamentation for Ship Models; Bill Short
A Modeller’s Guide to Rigging; Richard Mansir
The American Fishing Schooners, 1825 - 1935; Howard I. Chapelle (hard bound, used very good condition)
Rigging Period Ship Models; Lennarth Peterson (hard bound, new condition)
Rigging Period Fore-and-Aft Craft Lennarth Peterson (hard bound, new condition)
Anatomy of the Ship, The 44 Gun Frigate USS Constitution; Karl Heinz Marquardt (hard bound, new condition)
Hallo @Bill H
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hello Bill... just a small suggestion. Adding asking price and pictures of all your items would help tremendously at moving them out of your hand. I wish you very good luck.

Last edited:
Bill, I am very new to ship building. In fact, this is my first ship I have ever built. I purchased a Revell USS Constitution model 85-0398 from eBay the box was still in the original clear wrapping so I know it was never opened and other than a slight crushing on the corner the box was in good shape, also there was no sign of water damage. Ok so here is my problem and question. All of the instructions have deteriorated so badly that they are almost worthless. Do you know where I can find copies of the instructions Running riggings, Standing riggings, and Assembly instructions so I can build this model?

Back