miniscrapers

HI ALL MAYBE SOMEONE CAN HELP ME OUT HERE I JUST BOUGHT A SET OF 5 MINI-SCRAPERS THEY WILL WORK WELL FOR SCRAPING PLANKING THE PROBLEM I HAVE ARE THEY WERE NEVER BURNISHED COMPLETLY DULL I HAVE A BURNISHER AND AM TRYING TO PUT AN EDGE TO THEM WIT LITTLE OR NO SUCESS CAN ANYONE HELP. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE AND CHRISTS PEACE ON ALL DON

Hi Don,

I also have some mini-scrapers and a card scraper burnisher for forming the hook. The following instructions from my burnisher may be of assistance. I hope this is of some help to you.

C86F7402-37B5-49C1-8E8E-4D74390D821C.jpeg

F8359286-C026-42A7-A115-E701E4EE6B16.jpeg

264C9ED5-A627-497B-AE2C-451CDEF2E787.jpeg

Hi,
When scraping small flat surfaces I like to use freshly cut glass squares, which gives one 8 edges to scrape with. This method gives a fine finish to the workpiece, but doesn't remove so much material as a metal scraper.
Trevor

I cut the pieces large enough to hold them between my fingers and thumb. No blood lost to date through using them! One could of course use tape to prevent finger blood. I haven't tried breaking a glass bottle to get curved pieces. A good thought, though. It would probably be trial and error to obtain a piece with the correct curvature.

HI ALL MAYBE SOMEONE CAN HELP ME OUT HERE I JUST BOUGHT A SET OF 5 MINI-SCRAPERS THEY WILL WORK WELL FOR SCRAPING PLANKING THE PROBLEM I HAVE ARE THEY WERE NEVER BURNISHED COMPLETLY DULL I HAVE A BURNISHER AND AM TRYING TO PUT AN EDGE TO THEM WIT LITTLE OR NO SUCESS CAN ANYONE HELP. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE AND CHRISTS PEACE ON ALL DON
1. Call Woodcraft. Tell the person that answers the phone that you need a "book" or monograph or whatever on how to use scrapers (it is more complicated than you think). You will get a dozen options. In particular mention "burnishing". With "burnishing", it is a technique/finesse thing.
2. I just bought a new "burnisher" from woodcraft last Saturday for 42 bucks but you can also use a screwdriver shaft to start with.
3. I always start with Woodcraft if and when I have a woodworking question. They seldom fail to give me a starting pointing from which to develop the answer I need.

Milton Roth, Shipmodeling from stem to stern is a real good book to read. Even because these golden tips of modeling in the early days. Page 129 to131 explains how to scrap the deck of your model.
Screenshot_20220403-215849_Drive.jpg
Screenshot_20220403-215857_Drive.jpg
Screenshot_20220403-215907_Drive.jpg

Back