mini mill

Hello,

Here is very small precision drill/mill I’ve made. Some parts i already had and used, so I decided to build something as precise as possible. I have no access to industrial machinery and my goal was to have accuracy no lower then 0.03mm on each axes, keeping in mind that each moving part has 0.01 accuracy.

- Spindle is RATT MOTOR with the speed up to 12000 RPM, Torque 0.5NM, 500W, radial runout 0.01-0.02.
- XYR milling Platform - Manual Linear Table, Tuning Sliding Table, Micrometer Adjustable 0.01mm Accuracy, Parallelism: 0.02mm
- true parallel riser table for drilling, built with two ball bearing linear ( it doesn't tilt or turn, and its very stable )

IMG_1923.JPG

Milling platform and riser i've used with Proxxon Rotary, drill stand and micro compound table (but had tooo much "play" for my liking)
IMG_1919.JPGIMG_1921.JPG

Two little shims at the top and behind brass bar allows me to adjust Z slider to a true 90 angle
IMG_1916.JPG

Adding small usb ac adapter for led light.
IMG_1918.JPG

So far, i'm happy, I may even do miniature drill table with fence, small clamps, and mitre guides :)
IMG_1920.JPGIMG_1922.JPG

Thank you,
Yuri

Very interesting piece of machinery! However it looks like it is manually operated only without steppers for xyz. I am wondering how it is possible to do milling operations without moving worktable?

Very interesting piece of machinery! However it looks like it is manually operated only without steppers for xyz. I am wondering how it is possible to do milling operations without moving worktable?
333004-887e01e71befac04c986f5c9adb4fb26.jpg
looks to me like x-y table

Hello,

Here is very small precision drill/mill I’ve made. Some parts i already had and used, so I decided to build something as precise as possible. I have no access to industrial machinery and my goal was to have accuracy no lower then 0.03mm on each axes, keeping in mind that each moving part has 0.01 accuracy.

- Spindle is RATT MOTOR with the speed up to 12000 RPM, Torque 0.5NM, 500W, radial runout 0.01-0.02.
- XYR milling Platform - Manual Linear Table, Tuning Sliding Table, Micrometer Adjustable 0.01mm Accuracy, Parallelism: 0.02mm
- true parallel riser table for drilling, built with two ball bearing linear ( it doesn't tilt or turn, and its very stable )

View attachment 348901

Milling platform and riser i've used with Proxxon Rotary, drill stand and micro compound table (but had tooo much "play" for my liking)
View attachment 348902View attachment 348903

Two little shims at the top and behind brass bar allows me to adjust Z slider to a true 90 angle
View attachment 348904

Adding small usb ac adapter for led light.
View attachment 348905

So far, i'm happy, I may even do miniature drill table with fence, small clamps, and mitre guides :)
View attachment 348906View attachment 348907

Thank you,
Yuri
Yuri, it's looks great mini mill machine, well done

Thank you,

I find using raising table to drill is much easier and way more controllable than using drill "press", like proxxon. I can hold working peace with two hands and just use my thumb to push towards the drill bit. As I mention earlier, riser table is very precise moving up/down on two ball bearing linear.

mini drill.mill.JPG

Best,
Yuri

Tiene usted unas manos y unas herramientas y máquinas extraordinarias para poder trabajar con estas dimensiones. Felicitaciones

Back