Minerva Stern Section 1:48, Da Hai Model by Donfar

YES BRIAN THAT WAS WHAT I DID, EVEN BETTER THEN ALCHOAL IS ACOTONE, I USE NAIL POLISH REMOVER IT MUST BE 100%ACOTONE, WORKS GREAT ON BOTH PVA AND CA. AND THANKS SIGNET WILL TRY. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE ALL DON

Hi Don,
I'm sorry. According to the photos, you still use the wrong old drawings, so it is likely that the anchor chock on the left and right are confused. It is not your fault. I will re-process the damaged parts for you next time. But you must replace all old drawing with new ones. Print the new drawing, use the new assembly drawing, or correct the old drawing number with a pen according to the new drawing.
1663983224569.png

Last edited:
Perhaps the reason for the error is that the part marked with 'L' needs to match and align with the position of 'L' in the drawing. Before you fix it with glue, you need to pre-assemble it without glue first, and then glue it after checking it.
1663984363314.png

Don,
I hope you don't mind me chiming in on this, ( comment from a friend ) but you would be better placed to dissolve the glue and try again.
The parts are a perfect fit and you should not have any fitment issues.

THANK YOU DA AND BRIAN, BRIAN YOU ARE WELCOME ANYTIME, ON THE SECOND DRAWING THE PART IS JUST DRY FITTED AND IF MY MEMORY IS CORECT THE FRAME No.22B WAS TURNED OVER FOR CHECK. NOW FRAME No. 23F ON THE NEW DRAWING IS THE SAME AS THE OLD ONE AM I CORRECT, AND I AM CONFUSED BECAUSE SOME OF THE DRAWINGS OLD AND NEW HAVE L AND R REVERSED WHEN DRAWING LAID OUT ON JIG, ALSO CAN YOU SHOW HOW THE CHOCKS ARE LAID OUT ON THE PLANS THAT MAY HELP. I WILL WAIT ON CONTINUING ON WITH FRAME GLUE UP UNTIL I HERE FROM YOU GUYS. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE ALL DON

OK HERE IS THE RE-DO TO ME IT IS MUCH, MUCH, BETTER FROM DA AND BRIAN FOR THE HELP HERE IS WHAT I FOUND OUT TO MAKE THEM FIT THE FRAME PARTS AT THE JOINT FOR THE CHOCKS HAS TO BE SQUARED OFF THEY ARE NOT SQUARE IF I AM WRONG PLEASE TELL ME DA, OR BRIAN, NOW TO CONTINUE. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE ALL DON

IMG_20220927_105725.jpg

IMG_20220927_105630.jpg

OK HERE IS THE RE-DO TO ME IT IS MUCH, MUCH, BETTER FROM DA AND BRIAN FOR THE HELP HERE IS WHAT I FOUND OUT TO MAKE THEM FIT THE FRAME PARTS AT THE JOINT FOR THE CHOCKS HAS TO BE SQUARED OFF THEY ARE NOT SQUARE IF I AM WRONG PLEASE TELL ME DA, OR BRIAN, NOW TO CONTINUE. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE ALL DON
It looks good, although the photos are not very clear. I believe that as long as you check it and glue it carefully, you will not make mistakes, and it is possible to assemble a good result.

Last edited by a moderator:
OKI A LITTLE UPDATE PLUS QUESTION FOR BRIAN AND DA HAI HERE I AM SHOWING ANOTHER FRAME PUT TOGETHER NO24F, I RE DID THIS ONE 2 TIMES BEFORE FINDING OUT WHAT WAS WRONG CAME OUT VERY WELL I THINK, IN A CONVERSATION WITH DA HE MENTIONED THE FRAMES BEING IN PLANE I REALLY DO NOT KNOW HOW TO DECRIBE WHAT HE MEANS WILL TRY BTW HE SENT ME 3-D ON THIS BUT I WAS NOT ABLE TO DOWNLOAD THEM. HERE IS WHAT I THINKI HAPPENED ONE SIDE OF THE FRAME LIES FLAT ON THE JIG THE OTHER SIDE IS NOT SQUARE AND TENDS TO ROTATE, SO I MADE SURE I PLACED THE FRAME PARTS ON THE SQUARE SIDE FOR ALL PARTS DO NOT KNOW IF THIS WAS CORRECT BUT LIKE THE OUTCOME, I ALSO SHOW A PICTURE OF THE JIG AND IT HOLD DOWNS, IT SEEMS LIKE YOU CAN USE THIS PUTTING OTHER KIT FRAMES ON THIS WORKS VERY WELL FOR ME MUCH BETTER THEN MY METHOD OF USING PINS MUCH MORE ACCURATE THIS BASE WILL BE PART OF THE REGULAR JIG TO HOLD THE FRAMES IN PLACE. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE ALL DON

IMG_20221002_084607.jpg

IMG_20221002_084739.jpg

IMG_20221002_084507.jpg

IMG_20221001_163008.jpg

IMG_20220930_141819.jpg

ANOTHER FRAM THIS I AM SHOWING THE DETAIL WORK DONE BYN CNC, FANTASTIC DETAILS ALSO SHOWING FRAMES ON FRAME JIG LIKE BRIAN SHOWED ON HIS LOG. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE ALL DON

View attachment 332575

View attachment 332576

View attachment 332577
Good morning Don. A little off the subject. When ever I read your post I always think of the Farr racing yachts. I had the privilege of crewing on one in the early ‘90’s in an overnight race - was a brilliant experience. No relation to Bruce Farr I assume? Awesome job on those difficult frames BTW. Cheers Grant

SMAQLL UPDATE ALL FRAMES ARE COMPLETE AS TO WHAT WASW IN MY FIRST CHAPTER, TOOK A WHILE BUT GOT THERE, HAVE THE FASWHION PIECESW DA HAI IS SENDING ME SOME AS REVISEED. NOW DRY FITTING THE KEEL PIECES, IF BRIAN OR DA CAN COMENT I CAN GLUE THEM I THINK I GOT IT RIGHT ACCORDING TO DA PICTURES, ANDE ANOTHER USE OF THE JIGT HANDY TO SAY THE LEAST. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND YOURS DON

IMG_20221124_145242.jpg

IMG_20221124_145025.jpg

IMG_20221124_145018.jpg

IMG_20221123_124013.jpg

IMG_20221121_125813.jpg

Hi Don,
If only look from the photo, it seems that the left and right sides of the upper part are reversed?
无标题.jpg
The splice connector should be downward.
1669342913282.png
If you find this obvious mismatch, you need to check whether 1. the drawings or parts are wrong, 2. whether the assembly is wrong.
1669342985039.png

Last edited:
Hello Brian, Do you have any news from the HMS Minerva frames that you have been waiting for?

Back