Milling machine

My wife wants to buy me a proxxon milling machine. Is this a good one and can i also drill little holes with it. Now i drill little holes with my drill because my dremel cant work with the smallest drill. So the holes are always out of line because of shaking hands. also need to make a lot items for the wilhelm. Maybe other machines on the market are better?

YES for small work it is excellent. I have one. The only limitation is 5cm by 14cm max cutting area. but that is more than sufficent for scale models. PLUS it can easily be converted to a CNC with DIY parts( $200 self sourced Arduino driver board, power supply steppers & mounting kit from Aliexpress or Ebay) or a Kit for $400 form USA.(Robopak) or EU eg:http://www.ideegeniali.it/shop/31-proxxon-mf70-retrofit-kit.html

VERY VERY well made and solid. Will cut BRASS, Alum, wood, ABS etc. NOT STEEL. or HARD Metal. ( It Will drill it though). Very Precise. Easy to use.

Fully recommend.!

In fact I have had the bf20 vario for many years. Very nice and sturdy machine which I have been using a lot. But to get the best of it, you need lot of accessories worth almost the price of the machine, like collets, vises, clamps, rotating table, etc. and not to forget different milling bits.

Back