Mighty Mite Steam Powered Harbor Tugboat

This version of a tugboat operated back in the 1920s/1930s. The kit is by Nauticurso in Brazil and distributed by Model Expo. I must say the wood quality was not great and the instructions provided many pictures of the process but left some important details to the imagination. If you are looking for a smaller version of a tug this one would be a decent choice. The build moves along fairly straightforward and this is a project that can be completed in a couple of months if you are looking for a fun and fairly simple build. 33AEDE49-8A2B-44CF-A023-72C966A489BA.jpeg011A1495-2D8C-46C7-82DB-82D725BB868B.jpeg0EDCF5D6-3220-48E1-A3FF-BF187A845118.jpeg

Very realistic and lifelike. Very well done !!!

I always loved those old small tugboats. Barry, showing your nice model you inspired me to make a tug of my own. I have to look for one soon. I want some fun too.

Hey Berry,
Congrats.
Very nice indeed.
This is a tiny and fun model to build, but sometimes (small models) are very delicate and tedious to assemble and paint.
They also commissioned me to build this one as well.
My version is almost finished and when it does, I will post a build log to go along.

Last edited:
Hi Gents any suggestions on lighting as an extra. What to use? I have also searched online and cannot find any reference to an actual tugboat that looks like this.

Hi Gents any suggestions on lighting as an extra. What to use? I have also searched online and cannot find any reference to an actual tugboat that looks like this.
I don’t have any ideas on lighting to share. I think this is a fairly general representation of a tug so researching similar real tugs might give you some ideas for lighting.

Back