Mast length

Currently building Hms president,coming to mast stage soon so looking at the measurements how much is meant to go into the hull,cheers eddie b

Currently building Hms president,coming to mast stage soon so looking at the measurements how much is meant to go into the hull,cheers eddie b

Hi Eddie.

If I understood your question correctly, you can find this by measuring from your plan or directly on your model.

I have Sergal's HMS President plan and housing of the masts are shown as in the picture below.

By the way why dont you create a log on the forum about your model? We can help you more easily.

Good luck with your model. :)

Bilal

1111.png

Last edited:
Hi Eddie.

If I understood your question correctly, you can find this by measuring from your plan or directly on your model.

I have Sergal's HMS President plan and housing of the masts are shawn as in the picture below.

By the way why dont you create a log on the forum about your model? We can help you more easily.

Good luck with your model. :)

Bilal

View attachment 413056
Thank you bills hadn’t seen those notches on plan 1 as I actually started the build 15 years ago the hull and deck being completed then restarted a few weeks ago so didn’t look that far back in the plans.Now finding not done as it should have been but slowly rectifying things plus it’s hard to find online images that have followed the plans all the way so just to be sure the length given on the plans goes down to those notches , thanks again

Thank you bills hadn’t seen those notches on plan 1 as I actually started the build 15 years ago the hull and deck being completed then restarted a few weeks ago so didn’t look that far back in the plans.Now finding not done as it should have been but slowly rectifying things plus it’s hard to find online images that have followed the plans all the way so just to be sure the length given on the plans goes down to those notches , thanks again
Sorry should say bilal

I take the mast length from the plan set then “add“ to that the length needed to set the mast through the deck…usually a few inches. I don’t know if that is right or wrong…just the way I have done it over my last few builds…

I take the mast length from the plan set then “add“ to that the length needed to set the mast through the deck…usually a few inches. I don’t know if that is right or wrong…just the way I have done it over my last few builds…
Exactly what I did when I built HMS President

Hi Eddie, I don't know the particular model you are working on but, in my experience, most models will have a full scale mast plan. This will show the right length to fit the particular keel piece of your model designed to receive the mast foot. Such plans normally show (by hatched line or some such) where the mast passes through deck. You can mark this on your mast and pass it through the hole on the deck. If the mark aligns, then the mast is correctly seated. If not (and you cant make it fit), you can always trim the mast foot accordingly. Hope this helps.

Thank you, billable pointed out where they go on plan 1 of the plans which I had actually done a lot of years ago and neglected to refer back to,thanks again eddie

Back