Massicot guillotine

Hello
I intend to start with Palamos ( Occre ) and I have seen videos with beautiful desk planking , but it's necessary to have a massicot
I have seen the one of Amati, but you, which one do you use ?
price is 35 euros, but I live in Thailand and price of transport and custom will be more expensive than the massicot; I have not seen any here
I have to buy it in Europe or Amazon

btw, I am French and the use of the word " guillotine " for massicot sounds very strange for me, it's a word that we use for death penalty or French revolution
any way, without the "guillotine ", I can't do the beautiful deck planking that I want
thanks for your responses

Hello
I intend to start with Palamos ( Occre ) and I have seen videos with beautiful desk planking , but it's necessary to have a massicot
I have seen the one of Amati, but you, which one do you use ?
price is 35 euros, but I live in Thailand and price of transport and custom will be more expensive than the massicot; I have not seen any here
I have to buy it in Europe or Amazon

btw, I am French and the use of the word " guillotine " for massicot sounds very strange for me, it's a word that we use for death penalty or French revolution
any way, without the "guillotine ", I can't do the beautiful deck planking that I want
thanks for your responses
Link!

Hi Nongri
I would recommend to you to buy a a cutter made of metal.I had a cutter made out of abs (rigid plastic) from a leading shipmodel maker.I had problems while cutting the same multiple angle or lengths so i have now one from www.rptoolz.com .It is not that cheap but a good tool pays itself.
Another important thing i want to mention is the cutted edges of thick materals were not vertical but v-shaped ,so they need a correction afterwards .
Due to the sharpening of the blade, the cut is slightly v-shaped. For thicker materials, this is more visible. The blade push the material left or(and) right.
Any two sharp edges blade has a similar cutting face, regardless of manufacturer or use.
There is only 1 company that makes 1 side blade. The german Martor. They have a single edge blade which helps to avoid this high V shape but this cut also will not be a total 90 degree. These trapezoid blades you can also fix with the 2 nearest holes.
If you want to find this blade :
https://www.martor.com/hu/termekek/pengek/product/trapez-penge-no-523

Thanks, I have seen the cutter from rptoolz, it's very good but too much expensive for me ( I am not still an expert in models )
I have choosen Master Cut from Amati https://www.amatimodel.com/fr/outil...le/produit-master-cut-coupe-onglet-b7386.html
better to buy directly from Amati ( 17.62 € , other shops sell it 2 to 4 times more expensive ( Made of sturdy plastic and metal construction )
It was the Amati which i bought first.Hope you enjoy it.
Bone Modelisation and Bon Weekend

Also see the thread "Amati Stripwood Guillotine", might be some valuable reading there too.

any way, without the "guillotine "
The term here in the U.S. at least, is not common, but it is a valid term for an industrial machine with a razor sharp blade used to evenly-cut sheet materials such as reams of paper, cloth, leather and rubber, to an even size.

Also see the thread "Amati Stripwood Guillotine", might be some valuable reading there too.
yes, I have seen this thread and it does not seem to be very good
so I change my mind, I think to choose for the micro-markt https://www.ebay.com/itm/374004923164?epid=5053136079&itmmeta=01HTRGF7H4QZWW7NCHR7AYMYCN&hash=item57146e3b1c:g:14UAAOSwvLJhuO07&itmprp=enc:AQAJAAAA8GCXucUbbDPYjERM+MmQpdh1hKguGydmXyTlYmFxZzgp72HalHzUjZkotyVqtDXVXd3i05gCS+4EQM1mw4fcU5VyDqUZbrpriYxV1wEMC7djvaXCifHsGVd4Yn+QIYtJTPWzCb2BC6oCT1NF6Tp1crUAoxvuEAsJM0QBhcXN0FTSi/DcZ4u3rITviZQeHJX8bSe63lbulQ67JkXSrfKHZaCUv2QaZTVxmbwKNCq9+cRlYoFcaVOFwNgVt4mJmHI7iA2WzejRbDecgP/0Uut0PgRMdQrae9Ksmga7JLgXBlz0YHOPEWg4jfmLCNcL0Y6ojw==|tkp:BFBMzPi8kNZj
the others are surely very good, but I want to try the micro-markt first

Back