MARKS 1/4 SCALE POCHER DUCATI BUILD [COMPLETED BUILD]

Ordered the koo harware kit. Ill replace whatever I can get at without too much disassembly. If it wont be visible I wont replace it. I'm in no hurry to assemble this kit as I need a project to keep me sane through these long winter months.

can I hire you to make a display case?
That would be more expensive then buying a display case from Pocher.;)

But maybe this will help to make one yourself: (Blue lines are inside lines)
Vitrine.jpg
It becomes a case of:
Wide 700mm
Deep 300mm
High 400mm
The two side pieces come to lie within the front and rear side and the top. Therefore the side pieces are deep 300mm minus 2x3mm = 294 mm.

You can make the bottom from 2 pieces of wood.
The case wil stand on the bottom plate and the inside plate lies inside the case.
An extra mm clearance for the inside bottom plate. Therefore long and deep minus 7 mm from the measurements of the top plate.
When you ordered for plexiglas plates, ask them to polish the cutting sides.

Paul @dockattner has made (or ordered) also a display case for his Wase. Perhaps he has a dress for plexiglas and glue in the US:
--> Paul's Display Case <-- click for link
--> Paul's Display Case Glue <-- click for link
I glued my plexiglas with Chloroform, but I don't know if you can buy that in de US for private.
Regards, Peter

Last edited:
so for the disc brake rotor retaining sleeves I just removed the black paint and polished them out because they are metal. I then used a small counterink to give them a proper metal look.I think they look much better than silver paint.

20221217_130515.jpg

there is a fitment issue with the new kit though.and im not sure how to deal with it.the carbon exhaust guard and the footguard do not line up.researching online shows other kitbuilders having the same issue

20221218_075530.jpg

Last edited:
there is a fitment issue with the new kit though.and im not sure how to deal with it.the carbon exhaust guard and the footguard do not line up.researching online shows other kitbuilders having the same issue

View attachment 346292
Sorry, Mark, can’t help you this time. It’s specific for the latest model with the other exhaust then the previous 2.
Regards, Peter

The paul koo decals are not an easy task but well worth the time.most of the internal wiring wont be seen so I wont involve too much time doing it.I replaced most of the phillips screws with pauls scale hardware and it makes a huge difference.

Looking like a real bike - great model and work

So I machined the shock plates at the top because I wasn't happy with the plastic look. some more of the electronics bay I had to scratch build. without some scratch build the kit just isn't right. ill probably display with and without the bodywork.

Back