MarisStella

For those who have experience with this kit maker what is your opinion? Quality of wood? Quality & detail of metal pieces? Lines? instructions? These are costly kits.

For those who have experience with this kit maker what is your opinion? Quality of wood? Quality & detail of metal pieces? Lines? instructions? These are costly kits.

I've been admiring the MarisStella ships, too. I hope someone with some experience will answer your questions.

Dear Gents. Maris Stella makes very high-quality kits. They go to great lengths when it comes to researching their subjects while the quality of components is reportedly very good.

Please check out @shipphotographer.com Olha's build of the HMS Speedy:

I've been admiring the MarisStella ships, too. I hope someone with some experience will answer your questions.
Ohla Batchvarov in answer to this same question replied the quality of the blocks, if you had to replace inferior ones, make it worth the price.

Dear Gents. Maris Stella makes very high-quality kits. They go to great lengths when it comes to researching their subjects while the quality of components is reportedly very good.

Please check out @shipphotographer.com Olha's build of the HMS Speedy:

Olga makes ship building look so easy. Very inspiring.

Is there a U.S. website that sells this brand of kit?

Thank you!

I've been very pleased with my Ragusian Carrack from MarisStella. I've been especially pleased with the help and assistance they will give you via email.

The wood is very good, the sails very nice, a good kit in general. Yes, the blocks are not very good, but that is not unusual for most ship model kits. I also feel that MS could have supplied more parts laser-cut (outer bracing for example), and had room to provide a few spares of fragile parts but did not. I might have expected turned ballusters to be provided, but were not. But it is building into a great model IMHO.

Back