Mamoli Schooner Yacht "America:

This was before Dusek took over Mamoli. All the parts were stamped and all the bulkheads distorted. The stamping blades had become dull and distorted over years of overuse. I had no idea until I planked it. After freaking out, Then walking away for a day to mull it over, I decided not to commit modelcide. So, as a result the port side was sculpted out of many layers of Elmer's wood putty. Then leaving it to cure for a week, I over planked the boat with the walnut veneer strips that came with the kit and painted The hull black.
Then, years later I decided I wanted to build the HRM "Britannia" royal regatta yacht. Mamoli had been taken over by Dusek by then and had replaced all the old stampings with laser cut Plywood. I was elated! Until I discovered that was all they had improved upon, as a result I resorted to a LOT of scratch building and aftermarket fittings.
An upholsterer friend made the sails. All the nice after market fittings weren't available then, so I did the best with what I had. Still, not a terrible result, all in all :rolleyes: and my Ft. Lauderdale customer bought her along with a nice case on stand in the Federal style. I bought a 7 string classical guitar with the proceeds.:cool:IMG_4843.JPGIMG_4842.JPGIMG_4841.JPGIMG_4839.JPGIMG_4837.JPGIMG_4835.JPGIMG_4832.JPGIMG_4829.JPG

Last edited:
I tried rotating the two wupperjawed pics, but no dice! Wouldn't stick! CautiousSo I guess you'll have to look at them sideways until someone smarter than me can fix it.:confused:
(Thanks, Snowy, that was quick!):D

Pete

I tried rotating the two wupperjawed pics, but no dice! Wouldn't stick! CautiousSo I guess you'll have to look at them sideways until someone smarter than me can fix it.:confused:
(Thanks, Snowy, that was quick!):D

Pete
You did get them to rotate correctly. Donnie posted somewhere in help guides about a few key strokes that are needed to reset your browser to have them show correct for you. I see them properly when I view.

Also a very nice looking little kit built to a beautiful model ship.

Back