Maine Peapod by Midwest, 1:10 - mrjuan

I really enjoy the kits by Midwest. I think they are excellent beginner kits that are easy to build and provides wood working experience. This was my second build. My only challenge I had was with the hull planking as it needed to be tapered at both ends.

IMG_0387.jpgIMG_0386.jpg

a very good result - many thanks for sharing
and now? what will be your third kit?

a very good result - many thanks for sharing
and now? what will be your third kit?
Thank you - I do have a couple of additional kits I've completed and I'll be posting soon. They are the Chesapeake Bay Crabbing Skiff and Naval Smoothbore gun deck. The kit I am working on now is the King of Mississippi by AL. I will also have a build log on this.

Great looking boat you have completed, good that you have your next project lined up.

Model Expo/Model Shipways does have a good series of beginner and intermediate level kits to allow a new builder to learn and grow skills as you go.

Great job, it looks really good..
I have a friend of mine working on this boat as his first build and is wondering how you "clamped" the ribs?

I use modified binder clips. I take the "handles off some clips and put them in the "base of another binder clips. They hold the planking well. When there is no more room on the "ribs" to hold the clips, I use rubber bands. Below is an example of how the clips are used

IMG_8500.jpeg

Thanks Rob, I believe he has the planks done and is starting on the ribs on the inside and thats where is question is.

Back