Lost boat in the mail

Beware of NYC postal center at Customs.
I ordered and paid for the Santa Maria kit from Pavel Nitkin and everything was good.
Denis kept me in the loop and provided a tracking no. for me.
Jan 7 2023 it arrived in NYC Customs and it cleared USPS Priority mail.
According to the USPS postal website I need to contact Denis about tracking it.
It is not his error he did it all right.
Just beware I learned an important lesson about shipping from over seas at the price of 95.50 usd.
Dave

I would create a help ticket with USPS for a lost parcel. This will speed up the process of finding it.

I ordered and paid for the Santa Maria kit from Pavel Nitkin and everything was good.
Just beware I learned an important lesson about shipping from over seas at the price of 95.50 usd.
Dave
Dave, Sorry for the trouble. However, the fact that your parcel arrived at NYC Customs, tells us that package is in the USPS possession. Did you have a USPS tracking number (the priority mail label USPS created)?

Many members bought from Pavel Nikitin's store without any issues. It just takes more time to delivered

I have packages from Canada take 14 days to arrive while going thru customs in US, they seem to get lost in customs for a few days and then tracking picks back up again.

they seem to get lost in customs for a few days and then tracking picks back up again.
This is my experience as well. I ordered some pearwood from Russia (when we used to be able to do that sort of thing) and had tracking until the package arrived at NYC Customs. It then sat there for weeks and the seller and I were figuring out what our options were for a re-order. Then one day it arrived at my home via USPS. I am convinced a US customs agent was using my box as a stepstool to reach higher packages or maybe as a table during his lunch break. The box was never opened/inspected. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

My San Bartolome kit took several weeks to arrive after it cleared customs. It was still cocooned (wrapped and secured with a ton of tape) but evidently left in a damp location before entering the USPS delivery cycle.

Jan

Dave
Dave
I know how you feel about NYC Customs.
The same inside happened to me with a model I ordered from Marisstella, Croatia.
The NYC held it for over two months and when finally the box arrived at my doorsteps it looked that it went through a war.
The box was water damaged and heavily ganged up.

Last edited:
Dave
Thanks for the heads up! Good to know

Not exactly same as this is domestic, but it highlights the quaility of USPS:

I just received a replacement part yesterday from Model Shipways, all the way to from FL to NC. Was shipped in April. It had a rather tourtuous journey to and from several cities from the Greensboro hub, which is where packages go to get lost - this is not the first time we've experienced this from that sorting facility, but by far the longest. But they've never truly got lost, they eventually get here. Not sure what sort of drugs they're handing out at that facility....

I ordered Ancre's Belle Poule a $200 book. Over three months I watched it go from France to the US then back to France and then the US. I never received it; Ancre stopped responding and finally I had to request a PayPal refund which I received. Highly recommend PayPal for international shipments. Have also noted that although I routinely receive modeling items from Ukraine (despite the war!) and China in 2-3 weeks, items from France take two to three months to the point that I no longer order otherwise worthwhile items from France. This includes the time before all the strikes and riots.

I ordered Ancre's Belle Poule a $200 book. Over three months I watched it go from France to the US then back to France and then the US. I never received it; Ancre stopped responding and finally I had to request a PayPal refund which I received. Highly recommend PayPal for international shipments. Have also noted that although I routinely receive modeling items from Ukraine (despite the war!) and China in 2-3 weeks, items from France take two to three months to the point that I no longer order otherwise worthwhile items from France. This includes the time before all the strikes and riots.
This is an unfortunate situation and might be an exception to all purchases from ANCRE. I am myself a frequent buyer from ANCRE shop, and up to date never had a single issue. When you purchase products, you have a choice of shipping: regular French post is less expensive but has the luck of tracking ability. The next available shipping choice, by the special carrier, is faster and also gives you the ability to track. But in reality, no matter what shipping method you choose, the goods should be delivered.

Don't lose hope! The fact, that ANCRE didn't respond yet, maybe because it is summer, sabbatical time. I recently contacted ANCRE as well and didn't have a response yet. I am sure I will get a response soon. ANCRE is a small shop operated by the owner,

It's true, USPS will only investigate for the sender, you are left dependent on him following through.

Back