Le Redoutable 1/48

Oliver, this is from a very good tool manufacturer, I even have a couple of machines from them, I wish you good luck with your new machine.
Question, since you are from Germany, maybe you know of this machine that has a German dealer but made in China. Gude GAHD 200
There is a video about the machine on You tube, but it is in German, you can probably understand what the man is talking about.
This is something I strongly consider buying to make materials from larger and thicker pieces of wood for future projects (Le Gros Ventre 1-36).
Regards Knut-

Hi Knut, @Norway

from my point of experience..... only my point ! This Combimachines in this range of price aren´t a good deal. You get what you paid for ! Remember this !
I have tested any surfaceplaner and the problem is here the attachement on the side. Every on that i have checked was weak. If you need to work with big block like you can view on the upper pictures you will get a ugly result. You can ask 10 person and you will get 10 different opinions. Everybody as well has a different "feeling" for quality, good and bad result. For me this machines are useless. If you need a surfaceplaner its better you go to a professional woodworker, pay a little bit an drive home with a smile on your face. I did it last week with my blocks. One tip can i give you. If you buy wood in block, buy it planed ! Keep your eyes on this, it avoid a lot of trouble.
The thickness planer is a other game. Here you can buy a chaeper one for the rough works. One of my favorites was as well the Triton

Triton

But i have always Uwe on my mind. "Buy the better one, you will work so many years with it" . He´s right. The Gap was 250 Euros between the Triton an the Makita.
Its money, but.... so what, i am a modeller. :cool:. I use every tool in my shop.

You can watch the most videos on YT with a translation ! Check this, its very helpful.

I hope for your gras, that you have a "Laubsauger" - a vac for the leafs

I think in the future i will work with an aspiration as well in the garden. I´ve got a lot of trouble with the queen of the house because the dust on the garden furniture. My Unkraut will also be very happy.

Now we can see two very interesting facts.
1) You have a helper in your workshop - lucky you - or is she the master shipwright?
2) and you made already several frames .....

Back