Le Commerce de Marseille 1788 - 1801 scale 1:48 from Gerard Delacroix

Hi Ronald,

It was great meeting you on Sunday and admire the sheer scale, size and quality of your build.
The very fine work you did on the keel and the notches on the frames to position them is something a lot of people would skip, especially when working in oak.
Wonderfull work which I will follow with interest.

Hi Ronald,

It was great meeting you on Sunday and admire the sheer scale, size and quality of your build.
The very fine work you did on the keel and the notches on the frames to position them is something a lot of people would skip, especially when working in oak.
Wonderfull work which I will follow with interest.
Hi Maarten,
Thank you for the nice words! For me, at the moment, it is mainly the size that impresses me. Compared to the level of detail I saw on the other models my model looked like a big chump of wood, see the overview
20220918_132526.jpg
It really is not difficult, everyone with enough patience can do it…
However, at some time there will be details and I hope they will be as good as yours…
Like the figurehead you made, really a piece of art…
20220918_152805.jpg

Hello Ronald

Nice that we talked to each other on Sunday
A very impressive construction that made a great impression on me live, as well as the drawings and the interior that will soon become visible appeals to me.
I have now read your entire construction report and the craftsmanship you show is great
I keep following you
Greeting
Henk

Back