Launch of the ship "Twelve Apostles" in 1:48, Master Korabel [COMPLETED BUILD]

Also from my side my CONGRATULATIONS for finishing this wonderful model
As mentioned earlier in this topic, I think several times already, but I have to repeat myself
A great model and a very good kit - I like this model very much and think about building it also once
And now? What comes next? I hope we can follow also your next project in a building log?!?!

Also from my side my CONGRATULATIONS for finishing this wonderful model
As mentioned earlier in this topic, I think several times already, but I have to repeat myself
A great model and a very good kit - I like this model very much and think about building it also once
And now? What comes next? I hope we can follow also your next project in a building log?!?!
Thank you Uwe! Actually, I'm thinking to take a break in naval modelling and to focus on dioramas. This field attracts me too.

Thank you Uwe! Actually, I'm thinking to take a break in naval modelling and to focus on dioramas. This field attracts me too.
You can also show us the diorama project - We like to follow and watch the work of good modelers :cool:

In what forum? they are all about ships :rolleyes:
No - we have everything here:

Congratulations Vladimir, great build, can't wait to do mine :)

One suggestion - I am struggling with that with my Yawl at the moment - according to Russian regulations (at least afaik) the anchor cable should be organized like in the picture. I for myself have no idea yet how to do that :-D

1689936788532.png

best Dirk

according to Russian regulations (at least afaik) the anchor cable should be organized like in the picture. I for myself have no idea yet how to do that :-D
Maybe this idea can help. A simple jig:

DSC_7549.jpg

(The adhesive tape prevents rope from glueing to the stick).

DSC_7551.jpg

DSC_7553.jpg

And so on. When the coil is ready, soak it well with diluted PVA.

View attachment 347120

I'm starting a new project, it's a brand new kit by Master Korabel, released in December.
These boats were part of the equipment for all the 1st rate ships of the Russian Navy in 19th century, not only the “Twelve Apostles”. Launches like this were used for patrols during the defence of Sevastopol in the Crimean war (1854-55) after the sinking of the Black Sea fleet.
The kit allows you to build the launch in different versions – with or without rigging, with oars or under sails, armed for a landing operation or for an expedition, and so on.
My kit is an extended one, all in pearwood and with ready-made sails.

View attachment 347121

View attachment 347130

View attachment 347131

For framework assembling this kit provides a 3D plastic jig, instead of a wooden holding frame. As you can see, the model correctly copies the real boat's construction.

View attachment 347122

The carronade is metal-cast.

View attachment 347123

View attachment 347124

The sails (only the reef points are missing).

View attachment 347125

View attachment 347126

25 pages of various schemes and specifications.

View attachment 347127

View attachment 347128

To be continued (after the start).
Hallo @Walterone
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Enjoy your special day

Back