LA NEREIDE scala 1/48 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Buongiorno, ho avuto il piacere di conoscere di persona il signor Didier Berti. Con la mia compagna e Franco Fissore siamo stati ospiti a casa sua dove, tra le altre cose, si è discusso dei progetti prossimi e futuri. Didier poi è stato gentilissimo ha farci vedere il centro di Nizza per poi concludere una piacevolissima giornata a cena in centro

Good morning, I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Didier Berti in person. With my partner and Franco Fissore we were guests at his house where, among other things, we discussed upcoming and future projects. Didier was very kind and showed us the center of Nice and then concluded a very pleasant day with dinner in the centre

20231010_165155.jpg20231010_165918.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sure it was a very interesting day - three important people of our hobby
I am looking forward to hear about new projects in ccoperation :cool:

Sono sicuro che sia stata una giornata molto interessante: tre persone importanti per il nostro hobby
Non vedo l'ora di conoscere nuovi progetti in ccoperazione :Freddo:
Adesso posso dirvi, con grande gioia e soddisfazione da parte del mio caro amico Marco Mercuri, studioso tra l'altro di architettura navale, che dopo anni di lavoro, sta prendendo piede un progetto al quale ha dedicato gran parte della sua vita tra un viaggio e l'altro. forma, studi e ricerche e da cui tutto ha avuto inizio, in particolare la sua professione di fotografo che si è affermata negli anni partendo dall'esigenza di documentare gli studi navali. Quest'opera costituisce il primo passo verso una monografia dedicata alla HMS Queen Charlotte, una nave inglese di primo rango da 100 cannoni, accompagnata da disegni tecnici e da una ricca iconografia fotografica.
Personalmente, grazie all'amicizia che ci lega, avrò l'onore, il privilegio e il piacere di essere il primo a costruire questa magnifica nave.

Now I can tell you, with great joy and satisfaction on the part of my dear friend Marco Mercuri, a scholar of naval architecture among other things, that after years of work, a project to which he has dedicated a large part of his life between trips and and the other. form, studies and research and from which it all began, in particular his profession as a photographer which has established itself over the years starting from the need to document naval studies. This work constitutes the first step towards a monograph dedicated to the HMS Queen Charlotte, a 100-gun English first-rate ship, accompanied by technical drawings and rich photographic iconography.
Personally, thanks to the friendship that binds us, he will have the honor, privilege and pleasure of being the first to build this magnificent ship.

385048911_835791828278696_3473604779035901891_n.jpg385056005_835792021612010_8072684450552125192_n.jpg385094323_835792098278669_3546790448086914421_n.jpg

Wow, that looks very promising. A new masterpiece in the making. I am certain many people will be very grateful to your friend Marco Mercuri for all the fine work he has put into collecting all the information and preparing it for a monograph. Something to look forward to.

Last edited:
For everybody interested in the planset of this amazing model / ship, please take a look at this information / newsletter by ancre

The monograph and planset will be available soon, with scale 1:36, 1:48 or 1:72

Now I can tell you, with great joy and satisfaction on the part of my dear friend Marco Mercuri, a scholar of naval architecture among other things, that after years of work, a project to which he has dedicated a large part of his life between trips and and the other. form, studies and research and from which it all began, in particular his profession as a photographer which has established itself over the years starting from the need to document naval studies. This work constitutes the first step towards a monograph dedicated to the HMS Queen Charlotte, a 100-gun English first-rate ship, accompanied by technical drawings and rich photographic iconography.
Personally, thanks to the friendship that binds us, he will have the honor, privilege and pleasure of being the first to build this magnificent ship.
And here a link to our German Forum, where a member showed a build log of this wonderful ship (HMS Queen Charlotte)

Ciao a tutti, da poco ho iniziato un nuovo cantiere, un nuovo progetto Ancre che mi è stato proposto dal signor D. Berti e dal mio amico Franco Fissore loro progetti. Da parte mia non mancherà certo il mio impegno e la voglia di far bene. Per quanto riguarda la monografia si tratta di una fregata francese, la Nereide, su progetto e realizzazione di Olliver padre e figlio. Fregata di primo ordine del 1722, armata di 42 cannoni, 20 cannoni da 18 libbre nella prima batteria (differentemente da quelli da 12 libbre riportati negli scritti precedenti, dopo un'ulteriore studio e ricerca più approfonditi che hanno portato il signor Lemineur a fare delle correzioni), e 22 cannoni da 6 nella seconda batteria. La nave sarà realizzata, su disegni di Jean-Claude Lemineur, in scala 1/48 in legno di pero e ciliegio. Le bellissime e ricche sculture saranno eseguite in bosso e poi rifinite con patina dorata. Tutto il modello, infine, come è ormai mia consuetudine, sarà trattato col bitume di giudea per dare quell'aspetto che ormai è diventato il mio stile. Nel frattempo che sto aspettando i piani della Nereide ancora in elaborazione, mi son portato avanti con la carpenteria e l'artiglieria. La fregata sarà armata solo da un lato, mentre l'altro sarà lasciato a vista come sto facendo con le Commerce de Marseille. Ecco qui sotto alcune foto dello scafo in costruzione. sarà trattato col bitume di giudea per dare quell'aspetto vissuto che ormai è diventato il mio stile. Nel frattempo che sto aspettando i piani della Nereide ancora in elaborazione, mi son portato avanti con la carpenteria el' artiglieria. La fregata sarà armata solo da un lato, mentre l'altro sarà lasciato a vista come sto facendo con le Commerce de Marseille.
I quinti d'innalzamento sono stati lasciati interi, mentre le altre doppie coste sono state aperte all'altezza dei madieri e mezzi madieri e dei rispettivi scalmi. Non c'è un taglio netto delle doppie coste in quanto personalmente lo trovo antiestetico.
Le canne sono in ottone, tornite una ad una senza controllo numerico e poi brunite in quanto erano di ferro. Gli affusti, in legno di pero, sono stati trattati col bitume.
Ora sto attendendo che il signor Berti mi invii il resto dei piani della per poter proseguire col cantiere.
Ecco qui sotto alcune foto dello scafo in costruzione.

Hello everyone, I have recently started a new construction site, a new Ancre project that was proposed to me by Mr. D. Berti and my friend Franco Fissore their projects. For my part, my commitment and desire to do well will certainly not be lacking. As for the monograph, it is a French frigate, the Nereide, designed and built by Olliver father and son. First-order frigate of 1722, armed with 42 guns, 20 18-pounder guns in the first battery (unlike the 12-pounder ones reported in previous writings, after further more in-depth study and research that led Mr. Lemineur to make some corrections), and 22 6-guns in the second battery. The ship will be built, based on designs by Jean-Claude Lemineur, in 1/48 scale in pear and cherry wood. The beautiful and rich sculptures will be made in boxwood and then finished with a golden patina. Finally, the whole model, as is now my custom, will be treated with Judean bitumen to give that aspect that has now become my style. In the meantime, while I am waiting for the plans of the Nereid still in progress, I have moved on with the carpentry and the artillery. The frigate will be armed on one side only, while the other will be left exposed as I am doing with the Commerce de Marseille. Here are some photos of the hull under construction. it will be treated with Judean bitumen to give that worn look that has now become my style. In the meantime, while I am waiting for the plans of the Nereid still being elaborated, I have carried on with the carpentry and the artillery. The frigate will be armed on one side only, while the other will be left exposed as I am doing with the Commerce de Marseille.
The fifths of elevation have been left whole, while the other double ribs have been opened at the height of the floors and half floors and the respective rowlocks. There is no clean cut of the double ribs as I personally find it unsightly.
The barrels are made of brass, turned one by one without numerical control and then burnished as they were made of iron. The trolleys, in pear wood, have been treated with bitumen.
Now I am waiting for Mr. Berti to send me the rest of the plans in order to continue with the construction site.
Here are some photos of the hull under construction.

View attachment 266859View attachment 266860View attachment 266862View attachment 266863View attachment 266864View attachment 266865View attachment 266866View attachment 266875View attachment 266876View attachment 266877View attachment 266880View attachment 266881View attachment 266882View attachment 266883View attachment 266884
View attachment 266885View attachment 266886View attachment 266887View attachment 266888View attachment 266889View attachment 266890View attachment 266891View attachment 266892View attachment 266893View attachment 266894
Splendido lavoro ! Che legno hai usato per le costole ? Per inscurire il metallo dei cannoni cosa hai usato ?

Back