La Belle - Caf Model 1:48 by Thomas Marocke [COMPLETED BUILD]

After I absolutely wanted to have movable gunport lids, it went now further to the production.:rolleyes:

View attachment 290336
Most of the components for the three gunport lids. Many individual parts are needed.

View attachment 290338
The hinges are already soft soldered and have to be finished. In place of the soldered sleeves, you can also bend the strip around a wire at the top.

View attachment 290339
Right: The first clean hinge stripes with hinge joints on a lid.

View attachment 290342
So "slowly" it becomes something.

Have a nice weekend
Thomas
Amazing Thomas.....it’s like how do you achieve this...talent my friend.

The last work on the "La Belle" was the installation of the movable gunport lids.

SANY1632.JPG
A lid with rings front and rear and pre-drilled and nailed with 0,3 mm nails from Dry-Dock Models & Parts.

P2200704.JPG
The pre-drilled holes for the hinges on the hull.

P2200706.JPG
The mounted lids. The hinges were glued in place with 2 component epoxy.

SANY1638.JPG
This is how the lids look from the inside of the ship's side.

P2210707.JPG
This is how the cannons could have been stowed during the voyage with the lids closed (fastened with ropes, of course).

P2210709.JPG
Guns with open lids.

P2210708.JPG

P2210712.JPG

P2210711.JPG
And from the outside with different lid opening angles.

All the gimmicks I intended have been realized (door, windlass, rudder, pumps and gunport lids, everything is movable) and missing parts like the stove and the ship's boat are now in place.

From the first sighting of this beautiful model to the purchse and subsequent completation has now passed a long time. I only built when I had the time and mood and that resulted in many nice model building hours.
Many thanks to "CAF" for the kit and "Ancre" for the detailled construction plans.

All photos in this construction report were published as they were photographed without subsequent image processing. Anyone who wants to can use them as a positive :) or negative ROTF example.

Best regards
Thomas

Thomas, speechless is how I am right now. I look carefully again your last posted pictures and all fit so perfectly, and all is so neat and all is......... AMAZING !!!

Thank you for posting so many details of your built. Thank you for teaching us how you do things.

Now..... What will be your next project ? :)

Best !!
Daniel

Thomas, of course you know you are a skilled builder. But what I appreciate most is the care you have taken with each piece of the construction. Every element has been lovingly produced seemingly without regard for time spent. On our end it all seemed very elegant though I suspect in 'real time' there were some struggles. Thank you for sharing what can be done. Your work is unmatched Thomas.

Hi Daniel!

I think that answers your question!

P2210714.JPG
I only build hull models now because fully rigged models take up a lot of space with their display cases. And because I have been modelling since I was a teenager, it will be tight at some point. Some models already had to give way and now decorate the living rooms of friends.

Best regards
Thomas

The last work on the "La Belle" was the installation of the movable gunport lids.

View attachment 292404
A lid with rings front and rear and pre-drilled and nailed with 0,3 mm nails from Dry-Dock Models & Parts.

View attachment 292407

View attachment 292408

View attachment 292405

View attachment 292409
This is how the cannons could have been stowed during the voyage with the lids closed (fastened with ropes, of course).

View attachment 292411
Guns with open lids.

View attachment 292410

View attachment 292413

View attachment 292412

All the gimmicks I intended have been realized (door, windlass, rudder, pumps and gunport lids, everything is movable) and missing parts like the stove and the ship's boat are now in place.

From the first sighting of this beautiful model to the purchse and subsequent completation has now passed a long time. I only built when I had the time and mood and that resulted in many nice model building hours.
Many thanks to "CAF" for the kit and "Ancre" for the detailled construction plans.

All photos in this construction report were published as they were photographed without subsequent image processing. Anyone who wants to can use them as a positive :) or negative ROTF example.

Best regards
Thomas
Hello Thomas. I enjoy your approach, attitude and quality of how you build your model. The manner in you you have assisted myself (and I’m sure others) stands testament to your approach to this hobby. Thanks. Beautiful La Bella- outstanding. Cheers

Hi Paul!

I can only thank my parents, Who bequeathed me steady hands and prudence. The rest is years of modeling with all its failures, good tools, precise machines, good materials as well as constructions plans that show details and valuable literature and finally the work of fellow modelers. Here at "shipsofscale" it is my pleasure to follow modelers of all ages in their progress and results. Your work on the "Wasa" is one of the most valuable and beautiful.

Best regards
Thomas

Congratulation, Thomas! It is a true honor to follow along with your build log from the beginning to the completion of beautifully made La Belle! What a wonderful journey was; full of learning and joy! Your model is a standard for accuracy and precision (two in one)! :)
I am looking forward to another build log of Belle, La Belle Poule (yang girl), I am ready for another journey full of learning and joy. Hats off to you!

1645480018288.png

View attachment 292404

View attachment 292407

View attachment 292408

View attachment 292405

View attachment 292409

View attachment 292411
Guns with open lids.

View attachment 292410

View attachment 292413

View attachment 292412

Best regards
Thomas
Dear Thomas
wonderful work on a beautiful shipThumbsupOkay:)

Back