Kingfisher 1770 1:48 POF

You know Paul I really don’t know what to say. Such stunning attention to detail. Remarkable, just remarkable.
Thanks Roger. I've seen your work and you have me saying the same about your build :).

well...nothing new, dah! As I just said - what else is new :p As always... the precision and accurate modeling! Forget about the kit's supplied parts, you can make your own! If you are doing scale models with such accuracy, I wish I could be your orthodontic patient...perhaps now it is too late...I cannot find my teeth anymore ROTFROTFROTF
ROTF I'm actually good at orthodontics - this is just playing with a small wooden ship ROTF.

They woodwork looks so NEAT! What type of wood is that? It has such a fine grain.
Hello Kurt! Nice of you to visit! This is Castello Boxwood (all the way from Estonia ROTFROTFROTF).

Witaj
Drogi Pawle który to już raz piszę piękna praca kołkownica wygląda rewelacyjnie jak i cały model. Pozdrawiam Mirek
You are very kind, Mirek. I'm glad you are enjoying this build!

The model comes to life with these details
Agreed. Plus these are fun bits to work on. For you they are a CNC modellers dream!

Good morning Paul. I have no idea how you model such beautiful parts, joins etc etc….so I will just sit back and appreciate your work. Cheers Grant
Thanks Grant. I would say the material gets most of the credit but I'm trying my best..

Beautiful and detailed work. I can only agree with my colleagues.
Thank you kindly, Tobias. Building at 1:48 is quite satisfying compared to 1:64 (Vasa). Plus the boxwood is a dream to work with! Of course your work inspires me to try my best.

Stepping away from our builds is not the the problem but after beholding your fabulous achievements getting back to them is.
Wonderful precision.
Thanks, Herman. But you are too modest by half. I can't keep pace with your work (but I'm chasing along as hard as I can :D).

Paul, like the others I get such a fascination from watching your build. I believe most everyone who follows your build is inspired to elevate their own modeling skills.
Ditto. Yes inspirational is what you are Dockattner.
Thanks guys. Of course I'm not trying to inspire anyone...but if that's what happens I guess that's good too...

Lots of time, research, and effort in everything you do. The details are just outstanding. I always look forward to your posts.
Yup! A lot of time spent staring at pictures in a book or at other build reports asking myself, "how the $%^&* am I going to build that thing?" ROTF

Last edited:
Hello Friends,

Thanks for all the likes on my recent progress report. You are a fine bunch!

I began my weekend finishing up the riding bitts:

View attachment 444483

View attachment 444484

View attachment 444485

And now sitting loosely in place on the ship:

View attachment 444481

View attachment 444482

Another structure that sits in relationship to the upper and lower deck beams (actually between in this case) is the top half of the well. This is a fiddly louvered affair that required some serious adaptation of the kit-supplied parts as they were incorrectly (incompletely) milled:

View attachment 444489

View attachment 444490

But after several false starts I managed to come up with something usable:

View attachment 444494

View attachment 444495

View attachment 444497

I'm leaving the port side open to allow some sight lines into the well...

View attachment 444496

Here is the upper well sitting loose on the lower deck:

View attachment 444492

View attachment 444491

View attachment 444493

I still need to add door hardware but that can wait for now.

You are kind to take the time to step away from your own builds to see what I have been up to!
Darn close to being immaculate; hats off.

Back